Youtube Karaoke Downloads

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Who are these publishers you speak of? Who is the publisher of the songs on a Sound Choice CD+G disc for example? Where do radio stations get the permission from publishers for the thousands of songs they publicly broadcast every day?

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Billy Joel writes a song. He has it published through a publishing house. They and Billy OWN the rights to that song. Nobody can use that song for profit unless they get permission and many times that permission comes with a fee. The Beatles started Apple Records so they could keep more of the money and more control over their songs.

It's always about the money.

Sound Choice has paid for permission to use the song for X amount of copies. Once that runs out they have to rebuy the rights again.

The permission is only for them to make the disc and distribute that disc for home usage. Not commercial. So to use the song for commercial purposes Sound Choice would have to pay more money for that right.

That's why if you make a copy of that disc it's illegal. You don't have the permissions needed to copy that disc and you didn't pay them for the right to copy it.

I very highly doubt they or any other company has paid extra so you and I could play them commerically to make money.

As I said since you nor I have paid extra to receieve the needed permission to play these songs publically for money....WE ARE ALL ILLEGAL...

I read years ago that for us to use the song publically we would have to get written permission to use each and every song. That's the technicality....you would have to write to each song publisher and get written permission from them for every song you intended to use for profit.

That said I'm 99% sure that permission couldn't come from Sound Choice because they NEVER legally owned the song. They just paid for the rights to use the song to create a disc to sell to the public. They are making money on it so that's why they had to buy the rights to use it.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

wiseguy wrote:
Bigdog wrote:I have plenty of discs in my posseeion that clearly have printed right on them...NOT FOR COMMERCIAL USE...

Just to be clear...If you play the disc outside your house for money...That means Commercial and you are illegal..

As far as I know...NOBODY ever produced one song that says you could use it to make money ...outside of your home.

I'll say this again..

Every KJ is running illegally because of that claim...Me included... If you are using songs from the clearly marked discs You're illegal...

EVERYBODY IS ILLEGAL... :shock:

Now I'll take it one step farther....because I know within 30 seconds someone is going to mention Sound Choice and their audit deal.

I can almost guarantee they did NOT pay to have their songs licensed for us to play them for pay....I don't know how much more per song that would be...But I feel confident they don't have it...as with every other company..

Get it in your head....you all are running illegally... :shock:
If you were performing them in a venue that had not paid for the right to perform the songs you would be correct. The ASCAP, BMI, and other licensing fees make it legal to perform the songs for pay in public. By your logic every song played on the radio is played illegally. Companies placed the "not for commercial use" disclaimer on the discs to protect themselves in the event they were used in public without the proper licensing. If you contact some of them as I have they would tell you this. Youtube videos are user created without any permission from the copyright owner and are not covered by the licensing organizations.
And that is why many songs are taken down from youtube because they (publishers and song writers) want paid for them being used. Nobody paid to make that copy.

I highly doubt youtube is paying ASCAP/BMI although they might but that figure would be out of this world. Based on the number of users..
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Basically we are all pirates...according to the legal terminology we are running without the permission to play commercially

Even more so because we are playing a recreation that Sound Choice made.

Show me your permission from Sound Choice to play their creations in public for profit. You are using their logo in public without their express written permission, part of their legal claim in their lawsuits....

ASCAP/BMI only covers the use of the song....NOT the Sound Choice recreation of that song with the word sweeps
Dupoinfa

Re: Youtube Karaoke Downloads

Post by Dupoinfa »

Many online conversion services can download Youtube videos to MP3. Dripy MP3 downloader is a good choice.Just copy and paste the file url into it for downloading.