Youtube Karaoke Downloads

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Bigdog

Youtube Karaoke Downloads

Post by Bigdog »

A KJ was telling me last night about using/joining Youtube to download karaoke songs. He claims many are available in a week or two after they are released on the radio and the tracks are musically very good.

Anyone ever see this or use Youtube for karaoke songs?

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

For one thing they are FLV video files with mediocre sound quality. They also would be illegal for professional use. And "musically very good" is in the ear of the beholder. Some people rip their CDG disc to 96 kbps and think they sound good.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

wiseguy wrote:For one thing they are FLV video files with mediocre sound quality. They also would be illegal for professional use. And "musically very good" is in the ear of the beholder. Some people rip their CDG disc to 96 kbps and think they sound good.
Actually not stricty true.

Without getting into the legality aspect, most Youtube videos are available in more than one format and quality.

For example, Adele's "Some Like You" is available in FLV, MP4 and 3GP formats at differing quality levels, e.g. 240p, 360p etc.

I don't usually play vids but I'd imagine most software that plays videos should be able to cope with MP4, at least but if not there are loads of freeware video convertors available that'll change the format to AVI.

Sandy.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I have the Pioneer Lasers ripped down and they are MP4...Sax & Dotty plays them fine. But you need big processor and memory to keep the videos from glitching while you do searches and add to the que....

As far as legal...I buy songs now and use them. It's not like they are free...you pay per song...just like any other karaoke sales place I've been buying from for 20 years...That's why they have ASCAP/BMI licenses.

I listened to a few songs and they sound pretty good I think I have somewhat of and ear for quality...When I say good I'm talking about the instrumentation...It sounded like the record... Now they could have some ckunkers just like every other company..

I asked them if they entertain requests and they said they do...subject to they same things all the other karaoke song companies have to do..They said they would try.

that's better than nothing
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Since when did YouTube sell karaoke songs? Where is their online store?
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

youtube karaoke... search it. It's a nice site you can down load single songs...like a custom shop.

On the home page I've already found a song that can't be had on any discs anymore...
CORVETTE

Post by CORVETTE »

Oh to have my Pioneer laser discs ripped down like you Big Dog. Used to love them but now sadly they are sitting in my barn.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

The Karaoke Channel has a "channel" on youtube but I can't find where youtube is selling songs. Give me the url of the store front.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

wiseguy wrote:The Karaoke Channel has a "channel" on youtube but I can't find where youtube is selling songs. Give me the url of the store front.

Well let me explain...The guy that told me about it said it was youtube. And by typing in "youtube karaoke" that site pops up. At the very top of the page is the youtube logo so I just assumed it was connected to youtube...

Don't forget I got the info from a KJ...you know how dumb they are.. :lol:

It's a logical mistake considering how you get to the site that quick. And how would I know for sure that the download site isn't connected to or part of youtube?

Just sayin' :D
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

CORVETTE wrote:Oh to have my Pioneer laser discs ripped down like you Big Dog. Used to love them but now sadly they are sitting in my barn.

Well if you have a ton of time and some computer knowledge it's possible. I actually had to buy software and hardware and get a computer guru to get the job done.

Hardware: Plextor Convert X box

Your Laser player hooks to it.

Then you need software to mark & cut the massive hour long files into songs. Then you need a naming software.

You have to rip down the discs in real time...meaning 200 hours of ripping...then mark, then cut, then name the tracks..

And lastly you need a big enough computer to handle all the massive volume of bits streaming in the digital conversion process.... and then a big enough computer to play the songs without glitching up while you run the rest of the karaoke show like queuing up songs.

My personal total money out lay...to convert from discs to computer was right over $8,000. That includes my MP3 disc files...

That includes 2 $1500 laptops (5 Years ago)

Hardware $100

Software $150 or so

Knowldgeable Computer Guru....Priceless :lol:

I did the real time ripping. I did the marking & cutting. He did the naming

But he also did all the research and testing to figure how the job could be done. I wanted to do it a long time before that but the technology wasn't up to where my brain was.. :roll:

It was a major project (time & money) and I didn't want to switch over to computers until I could have the lasers on it.

They take up 350 gigs of hard drive...

That said.....we did a project before that where we put all the lasers on VCDs..... each laser side fit one one disc..so 2 discs per each laser disc..

They worked well....

That said Pioneer started to convert all the lasers to DVD...They stopped after 25 discs...so the project is halfway done if you can find the dvds and you can play them or get them onto the computer...

My laser files are now MP4 format...they play perfectly in Sax & Dottys...and I prefer the 2.2 version but it doesn't have a singer history and they aren't adding one to it..I checked with them.. :(
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

That looks like the Karaoke channel to me, these are only for home use.

This is printed on the top line of the FAQ
"What can I purchase from the Karaoke Store?
You can purchase and download thousands of karaoke songs licensed for personal, non-commercial use. The karaoke songs are re-recorded hit songs in the style of some of the best known artists in the world."
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Bigdog wrote:
wiseguy wrote:The Karaoke Channel has a "channel" on youtube but I can't find where youtube is selling songs. Give me the url of the store front.

Well let me explain...The guy that told me about it said it was youtube. And by typing in "youtube karaoke" that site pops up. At the very top of the page is the youtube logo so I just assumed it was connected to youtube...

Don't forget I got the info from a KJ...you know how dumb they are.. :lol:

It's a logical mistake considering how you get to the site that quick. And how would I know for sure that the download site isn't connected to or part of youtube?

Just sayin' :D
The Karaoke Channel is not affiliated with youtube and their songs are not licensed for professional use. If the KJ you talked to is using either youtube videos or Karaoke Channel song tracks at his shows he is not legal.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I have plenty of discs in my posseeion that clearly have printed right on them...NOT FOR COMMERCIAL USE...

Just to be clear...If you play the disc outside your house for money...That means Commercial and you are illegal..

As far as I know...NOBODY ever produced one song that says you could use it to make money ...outside of your home.

I'll say this again..

Every KJ is running illegally because of that claim...Me included... If you are using songs from the clearly marked discs You're illegal...

EVERYBODY IS ILLEGAL... :shock:

Now I'll take it one step farther....because I know within 30 seconds someone is going to mention Sound Choice and their audit deal.

I can almost guarantee they did NOT pay to have their songs licensed for us to play them for pay....I don't know how much more per song that would be...But I feel confident they don't have it...as with every other company..

Get it in your head....you all are running illegally... :shock:
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Bigdog wrote:I have plenty of discs in my posseeion that clearly have printed right on them...NOT FOR COMMERCIAL USE...

Just to be clear...If you play the disc outside your house for money...That means Commercial and you are illegal..

As far as I know...NOBODY ever produced one song that says you could use it to make money ...outside of your home.

I'll say this again..

Every KJ is running illegally because of that claim...Me included... If you are using songs from the clearly marked discs You're illegal...

EVERYBODY IS ILLEGAL... :shock:

Now I'll take it one step farther....because I know within 30 seconds someone is going to mention Sound Choice and their audit deal.

I can almost guarantee they did NOT pay to have their songs licensed for us to play them for pay....I don't know how much more per song that would be...But I feel confident they don't have it...as with every other company..

Get it in your head....you all are running illegally... :shock:
If you were performing them in a venue that had not paid for the right to perform the songs you would be correct. The ASCAP, BMI, and other licensing fees make it legal to perform the songs for pay in public. By your logic every song played on the radio is played illegally. Companies placed the "not for commercial use" disclaimer on the discs to protect themselves in the event they were used in public without the proper licensing. If you contact some of them as I have they would tell you this. Youtube videos are user created without any permission from the copyright owner and are not covered by the licensing organizations.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

We had this discussion years ago and if I remember correctly permission was granted in writing and you needed written permission from the publisher (not the manufacturer) for each and every song used...there is no blanket permission..

And yes one would think that ASCAP?BMI would cover it but they are performing rights groups that just collect money to give to the writers of the songs. ASCAP/BMI can not give anyone permission to use songs they have no legal right to. The publishing companies own the song rights NOT ASCAP/BMI or anyone else.

So we are still illegal unless you can produce written permission from each and every publisher for each and every song...I don't have that and I'm not trying to get it..

and that would be over 40,000 different permission letters...Where do you store them...