SC Downloads?

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
The Lone Ranger

SC Downloads?

Post by The Lone Ranger »

8) I just saw on another forum that Jim the legal counsel for the SC legal process has just posted an inquiry about the possibility of SC downloads. If that is the case then maybe we are getting to the end of the manu backed suits against KJ's. For the longest time SC would not allow their product to be sold in the download format. There whole business model has been suits drive sales. That you have to use legal pressure to induce hosts to buy your product.

This whole legal dog and pony show was just for effect, so hosts would be scared into licensing SC's GEM series. It would seem that this idea of downloads flies in the face of this licensing of the whole GEM series, and now a host can maybe at some future time only buy what they need to fill out their library. It demonstrates to me that SC is desperate for cash and that now they are willing to do something that before would be unthinkable. I have long held the view that if SC allowed downloads of their product, it would be a sign of them throwing in the towel, as far as the legal process is concerned.

Sheila_04

Post by Sheila_04 »

thanks for post.