Hauling Gear

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
DanG2006

Hauling Gear

Post by DanG2006 »

I have to replace the vehicle I am driving now for a newer model. Considering a Nissan Cube but open to suggestions. The Cube has the room in the cargo area to handle my equipment so it seems to meet all my needs as it would be my only means of transportation. Can't afford to insure and pay taxes on two vehicles at the same time.

DanG2006

Re: Hauling Gear

Post by DanG2006 »

DanG2006 wrote:I have to replace the vehicle I am driving now for a newer model. Considering a Nissan Cube but open to suggestions. The Cube has the room in the cargo area to handle my equipment so it seems to meet all my needs as it would be my only means of transportation. Can't afford to insure and pay taxes on two vehicles at the same time.
http://www.autojocks.com/used/Nissan/20 ... ef3a0d.htm
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

http://www.truedelta.com/Nissan-cube/en ... oblems-861

These new engines usually have head gasket problems around 60,000 because the block is cast iron and the heads are aluminum...they heat up at different temperatures causing head gasket failure...not just nissans but all these companies have these issues with these small engines. Trying to keep the weight down for higher mileage. Another issue I found in a friends new alantra....no spare tire....just an air pump and stop leak....

That said you could have good luck and never have a problem...I'm never that lucky...

The engine could be all aluminum and minimizing that problem...ask them. Talk to the service manager about engine reliability and high mileage. And look it over for oil leaks around the heads...check inside the exhaust pipe (color....black means raw fuel..burning rich ..or burning oil.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

http://www.kbb.com/nissan/cube/2009-nis ... ype=retail

I don't know all the options on that vehicle....but never pay what the sticker says....keep saying no to the salesman..
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I don't trust used car dealers at all. When shopping for a used vehicle I always look for a private seller. Preferably one who purchased the vehicle new and has kept a record of all maintenance performed. This with a carfax report and you can be sure that you're getting a well taken care of vehicle.

About the only thing I can say about the Nissan Cube is "damn those things are ugly". :)
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I use full size Chevy/gmc conversion vans...I like the power windows and door locks...I'm worth it....LOL....probably owned at least 30 vans in the last 40 years...good ones with low mileage in good condition are hard to find. I just junked one and bought another....the one I just bought came from a used car dealer...that said...you need to know what you're looking for....He also put a warranty on it...which I did have to use...

I got the van for a very good price..compared to others like it...but I did have to put $1000 - 1500 into it to make it right...it had a water leak that was very hard to find...because it was actually 2 leaks...the major one was the lower intake gasket...the warranty covered half of the cost.... And I had to do new plugs, wires, distributor cap and shocks...plus a power window motor.

The van actually looks almost show room after I used detailing clay and carnauba wax on it...

Do your homework and get a Second trusted mechanic to check it out...
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Got the car yesterday.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Had my first show with the new car and it went well. Was able to fit all of my sound gear: Speakers, stands, mixer, effects module, laptop stand and wire bag into the cargo area. Had to put my laptops, one for playing the music and the other for song requests, in the back seat.