Karaoke Empowerment Therapy

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Enza Marie

Karaoke Empowerment Therapy

Post by Enza Marie »

Greetings,

I am in the process of gearing my life toward more Karaoke. I have come to this site seeking enthusiasm and support. I have never been a karaoke dj, kj, before, but I am on my way. I am outgoing, connect quite easily with people and most importantly l feel great when I sing. Pursuing this, at this point in my life, is all I can do. I am a little obsessed.

I am especially interested in what I call "Conscious Karaoke". I do not wish to work in bars, tho to get things started I will certainly do private parties. In the end my sights are higher. Aside from "Conscious Karaoke" events, such as "Cake and Karaoke" etc. I am promoting what I call "Karaoke Empowerment Therapy".

Please check out my one page blog and about.me page that offer my short, classic story: from fear to freedom.

http://karaokeempowermenttherapy.wordpr ... /#comments

I am particularly inspired to use karaoke to work one on one with people who dream of singing out loud, especially before a group of people, but are too afraid to do so.

Singing is so joyful! Many of us have the idea that one has to be a "good singer" to sing. This belief is very limiting. Of course, it is nice to be able to sing well, and certainly, there is much one can learn in order to become a better singer. Though, I believe what matters most is singing from one's heart.

We are human beings, perfectly imperfect, all.

Karaoke is for fun, but many people cannot get past the first hurdle.

Currently, I am designing a Kickstarter campaign to raise funds to purchase a karaoke system and library, so that I may help people in reclaiming their voice. I wish to produce private stage shows for small groups of Karaoke Empowerment Therapy folk, (once they cross over) and their loved ones. As well, I will use this equipment to bring "Conscious Karaoke" to our communities.

Yes. Having discovered late in life the joy and empowerment of belting out a song, has moved me to want nothing less than to guide others toward the same.

I am rather overwhelmed by the equipment, but am consulting sound people and musicians I know. I will be back to ask advice as things piece together. I will not let my fear of things technical get in my way.

Again, please check out the blog and about.me link for more info.

Thank you, for hearing me and offering me your thoughts, ideas, etc.

All my best,
enza marie

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Usually just the right amount of alcohol will accomplish the same thing.:) Other than that, most people will get up and sing if given the proper encouragement. During my more than 20 years as a professional karaoke host I have helped literally hundreds of self-conscious people get up and sing in front of a crowd. It's basically convincing them that being the best singer is not what it's all about. Once they accept that fact, face the initial fear, and find out that the crowd only cares that they are having fun, they are never hesitant to sing again.

Of course if you give people the option to learn some songs in private to gain some confidence before singing in front of a crowd it could help them out tremendously. I wish you good luck. We can always use more karaoke singers.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Enza Marie

Post by Enza Marie »

Thank you for your encouragement and insight.

How wonderful that you have been helping people to break through their fears and sing before a crowd for 20 + years. :D

Does this site originate in England?

I am in rural Vermont in the U.S. We have little karaoke available. What is offered is only in bars midweek. I am excited to make this super fun expression and shared experience available to more people in our area. At heart, I am after the ones who truly dream of it, but are so afraid they would not even go near a karaoke show. Thus my development of the K.E.T. private program. Within this I can counsel and guide toward singing out loud without pressure or expectation. I imagine this would be quite successful if I lived in an urban area. Here in the New England country, I may need to do a lot of digging.

Great site.
Thanks, again
enzamarie
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

This site, like myself, is located in the U.S. Karaoke here is available virtually every day of the week. Unfortunately bars, and an occasional restaurant, are the only places a person can sing karaoke in public. That is true in most of the country. Is the reason there is very little karaoke in your area because it does not draw a crowd?
Enza Marie

Post by Enza Marie »

We are lots of little villages, spread apart with a few larger towns here and there. Within 20 miles from where I live, what happens is one night a week karaoke at several different bars. People have it at parties, too, of course. It is simply about a rural lifestyle. I am going out on a limb imagining that this community will support more karaoke, but I want this with all my heart, so what else am I to do?! :D
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Are you going to charge for this service? I've kicked the idea of private sessions around for years.... Part of my hesitation is bringing strangers into my house.... Once they see all the equipment they might get ideas. Renting a place would get too costly if the idea didn't pan out.

I tried to offer the private party idea at my karaoke show's with printed flyers....nothing came from it.... Finding people to pay for private singing lessons could be tough.. They might do it for free...

But then you have to think about Your investment.