Seeking Advice on Library/Software, etc.

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Enza Marie

Seeking Advice on Library/Software, etc.

Post by Enza Marie »

hello, i would be happy to hear from you all: if you were to be beginning this work, from nothing, as i am, in today's karaoke world how would you build or utilize a "library"? i believe i can rent (a non-streaming library) for around $100./mo. but for now, this is not how i wish to spend my $. i would rather invest in something more tangible. am i already coming from a decade old perspective? i am sure i will have many more questions.... thank you for your consideration. enza marie, country girl. :D

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Unless you have a few thousand dollars to invest up front a subscription service, like the Karaoke Cloud, is the only way you can obtain a good basic song selection. You might check out the Build a Karaoke Music Library article for some suggestions.
Enza Marie

Post by Enza Marie »

Thanks, I get it. I enjoyed the article. I will do my research, tho, if you know, off the top of your head, any names in streaming/subscription/rentals i would be happy for the lead. thanks again, e.m.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Karafun has a program that will play both streaming and hard drive karaoke. IT's KJ interface is basic.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I've just discovered a new series (1200 songs on 12 discs) put out by Zoom that is MP3+G format on DVD discs. I recently bought three of them and with one exception(American Pie) the quality rivals SC.
DanG2006

Re: Seeking Advice on Library/Software, etc.

Post by DanG2006 »

JustKaraoke has its online store and you can buy each track as you go. Think about it all the songs that get sung in your library.
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

justkaraoke only goes to the tricerasoft library and you can acces that without their special player. but i would avoid that link above, it goes to some pirate site where you can get 300,000 songs for $67.00
but i buy from Tricerasoft all the time and agree with the advice of going that route.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I now use JustKaraoke over Compuhost because of the store. Being able to provide songs on the fly has greatly benefited my business. Just have to remember to pay for the hotspot before my show.
Paradigm Karaoke

you could buy the same songs with compuhost.
i use siglos and the songs are bought, imported, and loaded before the current singer is finished.
i agree, it has made a diference when others wont or cant buy a song on the fly.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

If you have a web browser and an internet connection you can buy, download, and import a song into virtually any hosting application in only a few minutes.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

If I were to switch between a web browser and my hosting software, wouldn't that affect the singer's screen?
With the store built in I can get the song even if someone is singing.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

DanG2006 wrote:If I were to switch between a web browser and my hosting software, wouldn't that affect the singer's screen?
With the store built in I can get the song even if someone is singing.
No, the browser would be on the laptop's screen, not the remote monitor.
Paradigm Karaoke

exactly, the only thing the singer ever sees on the tv is the lyrics. i buy songs while the singer is singing all the time. to go to the second screen you have to specifically tell something to go there, by default, it will ony go to screen 1.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

If I switch then both screens drop what they were doing. The singer screen reverts to the desktop background while the browser takes the place of the player. At least that's the way it works with Compuhost. Which is why I went back to JustKaraoke. Thankfully the rotation feature on JustKaraoke is close to Comphost being that the writer of JustKaraoke originally wrote the code for Compuhost.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

If that's the way CompuHost works then it's a pretty lousy program. With JustKaraoke I'm all the time bringing up other programs, like my DJ software for example, while someone is singing.