Ebola & karaoke

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Bigdog wrote:And actually, the crappy economy will kill karaoke way before Ebola kills all the singers.
That is certainly a much more likely scenario. But if your crowds are smaller now then they were in 2009 you can't blame that on the economy. The economy has steadily improved over the past 6 years and right now is considerably better than it was then in virtually every aspect.

There are a lot of factors involved in why people don't go out as much as they used to. The bar business in general, not just karaoke, has seen a steep decline in attendance. Many people I run into that I've not seen out at karaoke for awhile blame it on the crackdown on DUI. They are afraid to go out and have a couple of beers. Also, home karaoke is exploding right now. People are building professional sounding karaoke systems in their family rooms and having their own karaoke parties. I know this because I am in the business of helping them set up these systems.

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Nothing to worry about except the hospitals being ghost towns....what do they know that we're being lied to about?

http://news.yahoo.com/california-nurses ... 28366.html
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

wiseguy wrote:
Bigdog wrote:And actually, the crappy economy will kill karaoke way before Ebola kills all the singers.
That is certainly a much more likely scenario. But if your crowds are smaller now then they were in 2009 you can't blame that on the economy. The economy has steadily improved over the past 6 years and right now is considerably better than it was then in virtually every aspect.

There are a lot of factors involved in why people don't go out as much as they used to. The bar business in general, not just karaoke, has seen a steep decline in attendance. Many people I run into that I've not seen out at karaoke for awhile blame it on the crackdown on DUI. They are afraid to go out and have a couple of beers. Also, home karaoke is exploding right now. People are building professional sounding karaoke systems in their family rooms and having their own karaoke parties. I know this because I am in the business of helping them set up these systems.
The economy sucks....49% are on food stamps...that means they probably aren't working or they have cheap paying part time jobs.... I've been noticing less and less people starting in 2008.
I haven't received a full karaoke pay in over a year. Just last week 2 nights had 5 or less people in the bar. I basically stopped eating out. It's just as I predicted for the nonsmoking bars....that S, M, T, W & T would die and only the weekends would be halfway decent.
I haven't had anyone talk about karaoke home parties or building home systems. I work in a sports bar and even the sports eggheads aren't there as much anymore.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Bigdog wrote:Nothing to worry about except the hospitals being ghost towns....what do they know that we're being lied to about?

http://news.yahoo.com/california-nurses ... 28366.html
LOL... you think these nurses are privy to some secret information that the general population isn't? There are NO Ebola secrets. Way to many people are involved to be able to keep anything hidden. The biggest problem is the spread of misinformation by those who like to blow these things out of proportion. The nurses in that article are concerned about not having access to the proper protective gear IF they were put in the situation to need it. The last sentence in the article reads "Most nurses participating in the campaign on Wednesday will not walk off the job". So much for your ghost town hospitals.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Bigdog wrote:
wiseguy wrote:

The economy sucks....49% are on food stamps...that means they probably aren't working or they have cheap paying part time jobs.... I've been noticing less and less people starting in 2008.
I haven't received a full karaoke pay in over a year. Just last week 2 nights had 5 or less people in the bar. I basically stopped eating out. It's just as I predicted for the nonsmoking bars....that S, M, T, W & T would die and only the weekends would be halfway decent.
I haven't had anyone talk about karaoke home parties or building home systems. I work in a sports bar and even the sports eggheads aren't there as much anymore.
Where do you come up with these numbers? The actual number of Americans on food stamps is about 15.2% and nearly half of those are children under 18. If the GOP would allow raising the minimum wage to $10.10 that 15% would drop drastically.

It's not just karaoke that is taking a hit. DJs and bands are experiencing the same thing. There was never any doubt that bars that don't allow smoking are going to lose out. But then that's a matter of choice for them and for you. You are free to solicit the smoking bars if you chose. Here I have no choice. Even though smoking is not allowed in ANY bars absolutely NONE of them are non-smoking. There is no enforcement of the law whatsoever.

Home karaoke has really taken off lately because of the ability to rent large song libraries. Most hosting software is now being purchased by home users also. How many new karaoke companies do you see popping up lately. They are slowly disappearing around here at about the same rate that bars are.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

We are in for a dry spell in new music because the publishers want more money before allowing songs to get made. Distributors are also feeling the crunch of the publishers as Tricerasoft is being sued by Sony and EMI for distributing their products in the US without paying the publishers for content that was under the ban of overseas karaoke due to the new rules that overseas must follow to get songs sold in the US.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Remember when Ebola spread across the country causing panic and ruining karaoke turnouts. Me neither. :lol:
The Lone Ranger

Post by The Lone Ranger »

8) Actually more deaths are caused by the flu than any Ebola. After WWI the Spanish flu killed more people than the war did and it was air born as far as being spread. We all don't stay home because of the flu do we?