Small Bars

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
DTFuqua

Small Bars

Post by DTFuqua »

I'm looking into what probably the cheapest venue in one of the still recovery less parts of Florida. I don't do large crowds well so I figured small hole in the wall type bars might suit me. Also, I'm just going to get started after the new year sometime. I could use any and all information ya'll could help me out with. Especially what would I be able to expect in compensation.

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Your pay will be based on crowd size....so the bigger the bar...the more people will be there. Small bar, small crowd ....can't take in enough money to pay you much.
The sucky economy has pretty much killed the crowds except in cancer (smoking) bars. Bar owners are notoriously cheap...if they count a small number of heads and they aren't spending much money....you're screwed. I always want to see as many people as possible. Singers or not.

Then you have the optical illusion factor.... Small bars don't need many people to look busy... A large bar can have a bunch of people and still look empty.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
The Lone Ranger

Post by The Lone Ranger »

Have to agree with Bigdog on this one bigger is better, size matters. Of course some hosts aren't interested in making a ton of money, especially the older retired ones who are only doing hosting to keep busy and to supplement their income, not be supported by karaoke. Sometimes it is better to be in a venue you feel comfortable with, as opposed to a large high pressure one.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads