Best Sounding

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
ajb6708

Best Sounding

Post by ajb6708 »

I was curious to find out what some of you think about who the best sounding music manufacture is. SC, CB, SYB, etc. Who do you believe has the most authentic sounding music to the original songs?

Paradigm Karaoke

Re: Best Sounding

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

depends on genre.
country is all CB
oldies is DK or MM (elvis too for MM)
rock is SC (pre 2007) and Zoom or SBI
pop is Zoom
then others all seem to have good gems like SYB is very underrated, SGB even had some great ones if you look hard enough.
my current default is Zoom or SBI for most things. Zoom has become what SC used to be, just with a little better sound quality and more timely in releases.

then again, most people will have their own ideas and feelings to this question. like some hosts refuse to work without SC, or CB. some singers will not sing anything but manu XYZ...
Bigdog

Re: Best Sounding

Post by Bigdog »

Are you talking about today's companies or any that used to exist? Pioneer spared no expense in using real instruments and top quality musicians. In the old days many fly-by-night companies wanted to make a quick buck and produced crappy sounding music. They used fake instrumentation, didn't include background vocals and didn't sell many because of it...leading them to go out of business rather quickly. That said...even pioneer didn't get every song right because of song speeds. I have done many side-by- side comparisons from different companies...comparing them to the original songs...I have been surprised many times because a company I thought was not all that good actually nailed it when the big guys didn't. So every company has produced some clunkers that I won't play. I listened to the instrumentation, the timing, the background vocals, lyric accuracy and the overall sound. Anytime I can play a pioneer song it's my top pick. They are my go-to company. Sadly they stopped making music in the 90's. DK and Sound Choice are usually good. Chartbuster has improved, POP Hits were good. To compete today the new companies have all stepped up their game. Most sites offer free samples to listen to before you buy. Compare them....no sense paying for a crappy version unless it's the only one available.