FREE Advertizing unused....

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Bigdog

FREE Advertizing unused....

Post by Bigdog »

I'm currently working in two different bars that refuse to advertise with signage. One only has their name one the building which kinda faces the main road but is 100 yards away from it, partially hidden by another business. They wonder why the sales are dropping....

The other bar has a moveable letter sign outside but they refuse to keep karaoke on the sign. And then they ask me why the crowds aren't very big. :roll:

I'm guessing the two towns you're sitting between Don't have even one person living there with psychic ability... And if that's what you're counting on to get more business...why do you have to put on the sign you're hiring help.....the psychics already know you're hiring...

Last time they asked that question I said it hasn't been on the sign for six weeks. It's either blank or has something stupid written on it. I can't convince them how important that sign is. The sign is paid for, the Advertizing on it is totally FREE..

Why do I constantly have to beg bar owners to help themselves make money? WHY WHY WHY :twisted:

Why do they always want to work against everything I'm trying to build for them?

MixteryMike

Re: FREE Advertizing unused....

Post by MixteryMike »

Sadly, because most bar owners have the mentality of, "if you build it, they will come." They don't think that they need to do anything else to be a successful bar. Also, most bar owners usually do not know anything about running a successful bar prior to opening a bar. A surprising amount of bar owners are people that have money, have never worked in the bar/restaurant industry, think (for some reason) that opening and running a bar should be easy and that they don't have to put much effort into it.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Here's another "doesn't make sense story".... They want to create more room on the dance floor by moving some tables and where the DJ & I set up....but they have a giant Christmas tree, that takes up room for a table....right on the dance floor. I have been telling them 4 seven years if they insist on putting up a tree, to put the tree on the dining room side of the bar. And if they could find 3 people to tell them they come to any bar to see their Christmas tree, I'll kiss their...... :oops:

Kids may like to see it...but kids aren't coming to the bar...and they would be sitting on the restaurant side where the stupid tree should be... There is plenty of room for the tree in a corner that is right next to the sidewalk window.... But for some reason the owners said there is no room there... And they wouldn't lose any seating or dance floor. That area is always open and unused...

If all the stupid bar owners would suddenly die...there would be no bars open at all.

Let's see...a Christmas tree that brings in NO business and can't dance with anyone takes top priority over the dancing, drinking patrons and the money making DJs and KJs. I'm going to start dressing like a Christmas tree from now on.... Why didn't I think of that 23 years ago... I have to start thinking more like a bar owner...what other useless stupid things can I do to help kill my business...

Ohhh how about ending the karaoke an hour early because we don't want to hear the same people singing the same songs... Every week.... Hmmmm steady, returning, loyal karaoke customers...what should we do with them.. Let's make them mad and quit early on a Friday night..that should increase our sales...

Mr. KJ... Why don't we have any business..... :( Can you take a pay cut?
MixteryMike

Post by MixteryMike »

... and people wonder why 85% of all bars fail within the first five years. Bar owners are their own worst enemies, but they will blame it on anything and everything else.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

In 23 years and about 100 bars I can honestly say the only thing any of those bar owners was good for and consistent at was finding stupid things to do to KILL business. They must have business killing conventions...

I'm not joking... It really pains me and my level of frustration with stupid bar owners is off the chart.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I don't know how the story seems to be getting worse...but it is.. :cry:
One bar shut down because the gas company red flagged the gas line because of a leak...ok stuff happens.... Jump ahead...the line is fixed after three days....now we didn't do karaoke for the two holiday weekends...and we just lost another weekend...three in a row.. So today my phone starts ringing off the hook with singers wanting to know if I'm working tonight.... One of the caller said they tried to call the bar but nobody answers and the message says "the voice mail box is full goodbye" and that's it......so I can't even call to see if I'm working and the bar owner doesn't answer their cell phone... :roll:

I just figured no news is good news so I went to set up as usual... I get there and the bar is open...so I set up... As anyone with two brain cells that occasionally make contact can tell...the bar isn't very busy for karaoke..all night...the bar owner had to mention they thought it would be busier than it is.... :roll:

This is after I told them to empty the voice mail box so people could call the bar..which never happened because they don't know how to empty it... :twisted:

The bar owner says later that evening they thought it would have been busier..

Well it probably would have been busier if everyone knew they should have dialed the psychic hot line to find out if I was working... :shock: because GOD knows you can't call the bar directly to find out..that would be too easy... And make too much sense...

Why do we have to constantly work for idiots to make a living? :|
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I just washed my hands on a bar that actually was possibly hurting my reputation by my being the only one promoting a show that never even got started. I put it in the weekend section of the local paper, totally free advertising by the way, only to show up three weeks in a row, yeah I probably should have cut ties after the first time, only to find no one there, call to find out that they wanted to change the start time to a later time without notifying me or telling me that they wanted to do that. They finally told me to call the day before the gig at 6 pm which I did and basically did not get an answer after being told to call back in 2 hours, which I did only to be told that the male owner would get back to me by 10 pm which he didn't so I call back to be told that he should be at the bar at that time so I take a drive down to the bar and he is not there so I go home. I stop by the next day after seeing his car in the parking lot to be told that he will call when he needed me. I was tempted to just say don't bother.