Newbie, Can I Have Help "Karaokizing" A Song?

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
TGTarheel

Newbie, Can I Have Help "Karaokizing" A Song?

Post by TGTarheel »

OK, so I am a newbie, and I am just basically someone who likes to sing Karaoke at the club ?I go to.

I decided I wanted to sing a certain couple of songs in karaoke, but they just plain are nt available.

I got myself Power CD + G - used it on the evaluation mode to "karaokize" the two songs I wanted...I think I did okay. They are at least pretty close for a newbie...and of course, the CDG file has "evaluation" coming up a lot...I'd seen that on songs at the club I go to before, never knew what it meant, now I do...LOL!!

So what I want to know is this:

If for some reason these files to do work...is there someone here who could "karaokize" these two songs for me? They are the only two I want!! The club has just about anything else I want to sing, but not these two.

Please let me know if you could help if what I did does not work out.

I guess you might just be able to figure out a little something about me from my handle here...but, I will tell you the two songs in question...are both by Laura Jane Grace (Against Me!) and I LOVE her!! She so NAILS IT!!

The two songs are "True Trans Soul Rebel" and "Transgender Dysphoria Blues"

And now you DEFINITELY know something about me, LOL.

Gimme a break folks, bad enough I gotta be trans living in North Carolina these days...I just wanna sing Laura's stuff!!

wiseguy
Site Admin

Re: Newbie, Can I Have Help "Karaokizing" A Song?

Post by wiseguy »

TGTarheel wrote:OK, so I am a newbie, and I am just basically someone who likes to sing Karaoke at the club ?I go to.

I decided I wanted to sing a certain couple of songs in karaoke, but they just plain are nt available.

I got myself Power CD + G - used it on the evaluation mode to "karaokize" the two songs I wanted...I think I did okay. They are at least pretty close for a newbie...and of course, the CDG file has "evaluation" coming up a lot...I'd seen that on songs at the club I go to before, never knew what it meant, now I do...LOL!!

So what I want to know is this:

If for some reason these files to do work...is there someone here who could "karaokize" these two songs for me? They are the only two I want!! The club has just about anything else I want to sing, but not these two.

Please let me know if you could help if what I did does not work out.

I guess you might just be able to figure out a little something about me from my handle here...but, I will tell you the two songs in question...are both by Laura Jane Grace (Against Me!) and I LOVE her!! She so NAILS IT!!

The two songs are "True Trans Soul Rebel" and "Transgender Dysphoria Blues"

And now you DEFINITELY know something about me, LOL.

Gimme a break folks, bad enough I gotta be trans living in North Carolina these days...I just wanna sing Laura's stuff!!
Welcome to the forum TGTarheel. We're happy to have you here! When you say you used Power CD+G to "karaokize" (I think you have invented a new word) did you mean Karaoke CD+G Creator by Power Karaoke? I'm asking because the evaluation version will not allow you to create a full song. The vocal remover will remove vocals from only the first minute of a song and after the first two pages of the lyrics your words will be replaced with Karaoke CD+G Creator.

The hardest part of creating a karaoke song track is finding a good backing track. Vocal removal doesn't work very well with most modern recordings. Were you able to sufficiently remove or reduce the lead vocals?
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
TGTarheel

Post by TGTarheel »

No I worked around that deficiency...I used Karaoke CD+G Creator only to create the .cdg file. I used Audacity to isolate the frequency of the vocal track and remove it, then converted the resulting .wav file to an .mp3 file. By the way, doing that actually left a small echo of the original vocal track in, which is okay...I wanted that so as to get the timing of the .cdg file right.

The actual karaoke machine at my club can drop the ghost of the vocal that remained.

I used that .mp3 file to time out the .cdg file so that it would be right. So I got two separate files, the .mp3 was NOT created by Karaoke CD+G Creator.

Does this make sense?

Now, I saw the .cdg file in the preview...and all the lyrics DO show up...the "Evaluation copy" tag does show up every so often throughout, but I don't care about that, really. Of course, without seeing it in action there's no way to know if it totally works...

And I have seen other people sing songs at this club where that "Evaluation" message showed up...and never really knew what it meant....but their word crawl seemed to work for the whole song. So now I understand what that is about when I see it, LOL

All I needed was to get the .cdg file.

Now...if all this does NOT work....is there anyone here willing to use equipment to do this FOR me (not for free) - I just don't feel like paying 99 bucks for TWO SONGS...because, really that is all I want is these two songs. I'll be dead honest here...after what just happened in Orlando...the music of Laura Jane Grace is part of what got me through those horrible next few days.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

The first thing you need to do is to try out what you have created. The .mp3 and .cdg combination is what is known as an MP3+G karaoke song. You can play these with free software like TriKaraoke. Just make sure that both the .mp3 and .cdg are named EXACTLY the same... with the exception of their file extension of course.
TGTarheel

Post by TGTarheel »

Now THAT is what I really needed!! A program that would play the files and see how they look. I already emailed them to the guy who runs the karaoke at my club...which, as you may have guessed is a LGBT club, like Pulse in Orlando.

I decided I wanted to do these two songs, because they helped me a lot when they came out - and again, while dealing with my grief over Orlando. One of my business associates was a regular performer there at Pulse, but fortunately was not there that night.

Will will give TriKaraoke a try with the files I created.
TGTarheel

Post by TGTarheel »

OK, my files worked on TriKaraoke. That means they PROBABLY will work at my club, too. I will know for sure tomorrow
TGTarheel

Post by TGTarheel »

They worked!!!
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

TGTarheel wrote:They worked!!!
Great!!