Karaoke tracks with count in?

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
matt650

Karaoke tracks with count in?

Post by matt650 »

Hi I am starting a live karaoke band and I have a question. I am completely new to karaoke (other than singing :wink: )

I am thinking that the drummer will wear a headset with the professional karaoke track playing in it, this way the band will stay in time with the lyrics scrolling on the screen. The drummer will be the only person hearing the karaoke track, the band will be playing all the music live.

It'd be great if the drummer could have a count in, ideally 2 measures (one to count him in and one to count the band in) before the song starts.

Does anyone know of any tracks that always have a count in?

Or I was saw online there are programs that once you buy the song you can edit it and make a custom karaoke track, like this site Karaoke Version is it possible to add a 2 bar click track intro to the song?

Thanks for all the help!

bwriter

Re: Karaoke tracks with count in?

Post by bwriter »

It's been some time since you posted this but hopefully I can be of some help. You can edit the mp3 file in Audacity (free to download). Using the Generate drop-down you can insert clicks or tones or whatever. I used to download clicks from drum websites and paste them into the lead-in silence of the music track. I forget the names of those websites now but Googling sound 'effect drums' or similar should find them for you. Typically you want a hi-hat or a rim-shot.
If I'm creating a cdg file (using Karaoke Builder Studio), I prefer placing little arrows on-screen so the audience don't hear the clicks.