Duet or not?

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Ekrimmer

Duet or not?

Post by Ekrimmer »

I'm looking at a listing for Star Disc SD136 which includes the new Faith Hill song "Like We Never Loved At All." Unlike some other listings it shows the artists as Faith Hill &Tim McGraw.

Can anyone tell me if this song is done as a duet on this disc? I've inquired with Top Hits Monthly (which lists only Faith Hill) and they say theirs is not.

Thanks!

Ed

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Hi Ed and welcome to the karaoke forum! I have the Chartbuster, StarDisc, and THM versions of this song and they all are created as Faith Hill as the singer and the male backup vocals are already there. So they are not karaoke duets. As a rule, songs that have one singer only harmonizing in the chorus are not produced as duets.
Ekrimmer

Post by Ekrimmer »

Rats. Thanks wiseguy. That is unfortunate. He does more than just harmonize the chorus but you are correct it isn't a duet in the true sense. Odd then that Star Disc would list both artists in their title. Perhaps another publisher will record it differently.

Thanks for the welcome. We just sing at home but have a lot of fun doing it. Our only "public" appearance was "It's Your Love" at our wedding :)
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

POP HITS MONTHLY Nashville 0512 has a bonus track on it that is a duet version.