Neo+G?? Does this mean anything

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
mambajack

Neo+G?? Does this mean anything

Post by mambajack »

My wife wants to get a karaoke player for personal use. I looked at the only local karaoke store I know of and they showed me a component player. I have a fairly decent surround sound theater system so I figured that would be acceptable. After doing a search on the web I found an online seller selling some component players that have the "NEO+G" support. This was the only site I saw that advertised this, and indicated that it was a new format that is coming out with many extra abilities.

I guess my question is, is this a trend or is it a name being used by one manufacturer and has another acronym that is more widely used?

Another question - Is a surround sound system adequate or does the extra stress of people yelling in microphones cause them to blow?

Thanks,

I'm new to this as you can tell.

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Welcome to the Karaoke Forum!

NEO+G is another of the newer karaoke disc formats that you hear about. The biggest feature being the ability to fit many more songs on a single discs than is possible with the standard CD+G. Maybe this format will catch on or maybe not. What I can tell you is that there are vastly more song titles to be found on CD+G discs than on any other format. I predict this will be the case for some time to come. I always recommend a CD+G system for home use.

Don't even think about using your surround sound for karaoke. The speakers simply won't handle the PA portion (live vocals) of karaoke. Unless you have some heavy duty stereo speakers, I suggest that you pick up a couple 12" woofer PA speakers.
mambajack

Post by mambajack »

Thank you much for the advice.