Going for it!!! Need some advice.......

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
bear

Going for it!!! Need some advice.......

Post by bear »

Hey whats up people!!
The names Bear, Im a big fan of karaoke, so big I want to open a business!!! I was in Hawaii, at this place called the Karaoke Hut. I had a blast with my friends and family. Its like a big thing over there. Well anyway I tried asking the owner of the place for some tips but he kind of got freaked out and avoided my questions.. I still praised his staff and business for showing me a good time.

My question is where or who can i talk with about setting up a business like the Hut? What the best systems are and I think a i saw something like a mother board that the staff was punching as the songs were being ordered from the rooms via remote control? It was cool, easy, and the sound was great. I know it would be a hit here in Utah. Everyone here goes to to the karaoke bars, i know they would go to the karaoke rooms. I just need some friendly karaoke advice to thigs rolling. This is one of my 2006 resolutions/goals. Im gonna git it done!!!

Any kid of help or a simple point me in the right direction would do!!

Aloha's!!!
Bear

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Hi Bear and welcome to the forum. I don't know what type of computer software they were using at the Karaoke Hut that allows for remote song requests. I do know that CAVS makes "stand alone" systems that play the karaoke tracks from a hard drive so no discs are involved. These units are equipped with bill acceptors and are designed for the type of business you are thinking of. You can check them out at http://www.cavsusa.com/jb-99rg.htm .
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
bear

Thanks Wiseguy

Post by bear »

Thanks for the tip. Yeah, it was pretty nice at the hut. You would look for your song in the book. Find your song, and number, then punch your song number in the remote control, press enter and pass the remote to your friends so they could punch their song in. Each room was equipped with that remote. We paid at the front per hour in the room.

You never had to leave the room. Except to use the rest room or get more beer!! The rooms were furnished with leather couches and single seaters. you had a table in the middle where we had our food and drinks. I've never seen this kind of karaoke business anywhere.

Thanks a bunch though guy!!
Bear
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

This is not a new concept by any means. There are many "karaoke parlors" throughout the country. The first one I visited was nearly 20 years ago in Columbus OH where Karaoke Warehouse had a setup very similar to the one you describe except that they used a disc changer system as digital karaoke (or even the mp3 audio format for that matter) was yet to be invented.

I believe the real demand for this type of karaoke entertainment would be from those who are not old enough to get into the karaoke bars or simply do not like the bar scene. Children and teens absolutely love karaoke. A karaoke parlor that had rooms large enough to accommodate birthday parties, and other family events would have to go over big. Sort of like a "Chucky Cheese" of karaoke. Of course you could still cater to the adult customers in the night time hours.

The remote control you used at the Karaoke Hut was very likely controlling a single digital karaoke machine in the room you were in. If it wasn't visible, it doesn't mean it wasn't there. The CAVS machines come with a remote control. It's also very possible that the system you were sining on in Hawaii was built by CAVS as they are the largest manufacturer of this type of karaoke equipment.