just added karaoke

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Tomwinsey

just added karaoke

Post by Tomwinsey »

Hi my name is Tom of Torch Productions Mobile DJ entertainment, I just added Karaoke a few months ago, it is going pretty well, but I need to fine tune it and I have a few questions.

Tom

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Hi Tom, welcome to the forum! Ask away... I'm sure the members of this forum will be happy to respond to any questions that you post here.
Tomwinsey

Post by Tomwinsey »

when I hook up my vocopro karaoke player, I use the left and right rca jacks,and hook them up to my Mackie mixer left and right with 1/4 inch ends. some of my karaoke discs are coming through with vocals,and they are not marked (with vocals). other discs say vocals right channel only. Am I hooking up wrong? like stereo as opposed to mono?

Tom
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Tom,
some are done in what is called multiplex.
Most of the monthly series that are out there have this. Top Hits does it to their first set of track so it is important to choose the tracks that are like 10 to 18 for that brand. Pop hits and SOund CHoice power picks does the mutliplex thing on the back end letting you play straight stereo tracks from track 1 to 8 or 9 depending on if it is Pop hits or sound choice. Nutech is the worst as they don't give you a non multiplex version. Most players have a button that will deal with this. changing the setting on the player might make your issues go away.