Favourite songs for showing off

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
chiku

Favourite songs for showing off

Post by chiku »

okay im ALWAYS having trouble figureing out what to sing to a point where im ready to kill someone!! so now that im recording another demo i was wondering what songs you guys loved to use to show off your voice? or songs you just love singing! and i was wondering if anyone had a idea for me and my friend who want to record a song together! it doesnt have to be a duet but we need soemthing we can sing together. I cant wait to hear what you guys love singing!

btw the one song i usually use to show of my voice is angels by jessica simpson

Liara

Songs for Showing off...

Post by Liara »

What my hubby does is sing songs that are hardly ever sung at Karaoke.
IE: our local spot doesn't have fishing in the dark and some other popular songs so we take in our own CD's and sing them instead.

They might not be the most beautiful songs or the best for vocal range, but because they are different people do stop and listen for a bit.
DanG2006

Re: Favourite songs for showing off

Post by DanG2006 »

chiku wrote:okay im ALWAYS having trouble figureing out what to sing to a point where im ready to kill someone!! so now that im recording another demo i was wondering what songs you guys loved to use to show off your voice? or songs you just love singing! and i was wondering if anyone had a idea for me and my friend who want to record a song together! it doesnt have to be a duet but we need soemthing we can sing together. I cant wait to hear what you guys love singing!

btw the one song i usually use to show of my voice is angels by jessica simpson
Anything by Journey or the other Arena Rock bands of the eighties that featured high end vocals. Sometimes at a friend's show, someone comes in brags that they can do such and such a song by one of my favorite hair bands and then proceeds to totally destroy a perfectly good song, I'll put one of the other songs by that particular band up to help redeem the artist. My friend has caught on and now refuses to allow me to do so.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

i was wondering what songs you guys loved to use to show off your voice
In general, you should select a chart topping song that is rarely performed at karaoke because it is too difficult to sing. One that requires a broad vocal range that the average singer does not possess.
Spazure

Post by Spazure »

My boyfriend & I love to do "Paradise By The Dashboard Light" by Meatloaf. Yes, it's eight and a half minutes long, and we do it every week -- but we always have people singing along, and nobody's ever complained about it.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

My boyfriend & I love to do "Paradise By The Dashboard Light" by Meatloaf. Yes, it's eight and a half minutes long, and we do it every week -- but we always have people singing along, and nobody's ever complained about it.
Ok, I'll be the first to complain. :) As a KJ that is one of the most dreaded requests, right along with American Pie and Stairway To Heaven.
wackyquack

Post by wackyquack »

wiseguy wrote:
Ok, I'll be the first to complain. :) As a KJ that is one of the most dreaded requests, right along with American Pie and Stairway To Heaven.
Wiseguy:

I don't even complain anymore, I deleted them from my books about 2yrs ago. Just couldn't take it anymore!!
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I don't even complain anymore, I deleted them from my books about 2yrs ago. Just couldn't take it anymore!!
As tempting as that is, the thing I hate more than hearing those songs is hearing "the karaoke guy down the street has that song".
Full House Entertainment

Post by Full House Entertainment »

Spazure,

That's great that it goes over so well where you are!! When it's done right it can be fun and challenging.

Around here it doesn't go over so well. Maybe some of the people that like to sing it around here aren't as good.

Some of the songs I really like to do are "Stand Beside Me", it has a really high part in it that's lots of fun. I also like to sing "Solitaire" as it's fun as well. "Rock N Roll Fantasy" is also fun. Okay, I'll stop now, there are just to many songs that are fun to sing.

Susie :)
You do it in the shower,
You do it in the car,
Come do it with us,
And be a star.....

Karaoke with Full House Entertainment
Mark

Post by Mark »

wiseguy wrote:
I've got you Babe and Loveshack has to rate on the dreaded list as well...

My favorite "get-em-going" songs has to be Zoot Suit Riot and/or Down Under....
HankHimself

Post by HankHimself »

I use "Saturday Night Special" by Lynyrd Skynyrd to get my room going on a Saturday. "Piano Man" always plays ... "Wanted Dead or Alive", "Hard To Handle", and "Johnny B. Good" do pretty well for me in my bar too. I like to sing songs that require extra energy to really sell it. If I'm not out of breath afterward from dancing around and stuff ... then I didn't do my job ;)

I've done "Paradise ..." once before and it went over well.

Early in the nights I always pick random songs I never try to see if they play well. Apparently I don't do so bad at Michael Jackson tunes ... if only I had his moves :cry:
Crazy Diamond Entertainme

Post by Crazy Diamond Entertainme »

I like to use "Mustang Sally", I have a unique version.