Vehicles

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
letitrip

Post by letitrip »

Marlena wrote:i find clients absolutely love it if you ask them to give you a hand. They feel included like they are your friends.

Marlena
One suggestion though, be very selective as to what you let them carry/setup for you. They've got the best of intentions but I've seen some troubles arise as a result of letting others help out when loading/unloading for some of the bands I work with. I can tell you right now that when it comes to our equipment, my business partner and I are the only ones that are going to be carrying that rack full of equipment or any of the speaker cabinets. If someone's gonna drop them, bang them, dent them, etc it's gonna be us. :)

Let It Rip Karaoke
DJ Tony
http://www.letitripkaraoke.com
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

King, normally I totally agree with you but I didn't have any choice. It was either have them lug it for me or lose the money that I was gonna get due to having to cancel out. I am still trying to figure out how to pay these guys back for helping me out.
letitrip

Post by letitrip »

Dan, yeah in that instance I can totally see. I just meant in regards to Marlena's post, while the patrons do usually love to help, be careful as to how much risk you accept. In your situation obviously you had no choice. Were they just random guys from the bar? If so, I'd probably have bought each of them a drink and I'm sure they'd be happy to call it even. :lol:
Let It Rip Karaoke
DJ Tony
http://www.letitripkaraoke.com
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

kingsofkaraoke wrote:Dan, yeah in that instance I can totally see. I just meant in regards to Marlena's post, while the patrons do usually love to help, be careful as to how much risk you accept. In your situation obviously you had no choice. Were they just random guys from the bar? If so, I'd probably have bought each of them a drink and I'm sure they'd be happy to call it even. :lol:
It was a private party that they had to purchase tickets for. Am thinking of giving both the amount they paid for the party back to them which would basically amount to being like buying them drinks.
TradeMarkMusic

Post by TradeMarkMusic »

I use my day job work van (Citroen Berlingo 1.9 diesel) Fantastic. it would never fit in my car (Renault Megane Sport 3dr Hatch)