Karaoke CD to MP3

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Corey

Karaoke CD to MP3

Post by Corey »

Hello

I just bought my first karaoke system, and now I’m researching on
A: How I can take my Karaoke CD’s Download them onto my computer,
B: Turn around and convert then to MP3 format but keeping all the data from the original karaoke CD, (basically I don’t want to loose the song lyrics that show up on the screen.)

C: After converting it to MP3, I’d also like to burn it onto a DVD, so I can put more songs on it.

There seems to be a lot of sights out there that have this information, but I’m looking for a trusted sight and as much detail information as I can get, so I turned to you.

Thanks

Corey

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Here are the basics.

You rip tracks from your karaoke CDG discs to the MP3+G format. The MP3+G format consists of two files per song. One .mp3 file (the audio) and one .cdg file (the graphics and lyrics).

You store the MP3+G song file pairs on the hard drive of a laptop or portable computer. Most often, depending on your hosting software, they may be zipped together so to have only one file per song.

You play the songs from the hard drive with karaoke "hosting" software. Some hosting software applications will have features that allow you to import your song tracks, organize your songs, and even print song books.

The whole idea of this type of system is to eliminate karaoke discs. Burning your songs to a DVD is counter productive.