DJ program? What do you use?

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Lolli2

DJ program? What do you use?

Post by Lolli2 »

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I hope this section is ok. I'm wondering what program everyone uses to play DJ/background music? We're using Ots DJ now, but want to change to something that plays MP3's because it's so hard to convert the MP3's to Ots and kind of a pain.
We'd like something that you can save the playlists and with 2 players on the screen. I guess it'd be nice if the player took up the whole screen too.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I use winamp and RoxBox. Roxbox pulls up two players that I use one for the karaoke and the other for DJ. Before that my choice was to run one instance of winamp for Filler music and Sax & Dotty's for the karaoke.
ClubDJ.com makes a dj program that added the ability to play karaoke files as an afterthought. They forgot to add a way to add the singer's name in the playlist so that you can know who is singing what. Other than that it is the most user friendly of dj programs that is out there.
Lolli2

Post by Lolli2 »

We have the Cavs player to run the karaoke off of, so I guess we'd be looking for something for strickly the DJ music. Have you ever tried PCDJ? I was doing a search and it seems pretty popular. I have heard of that RoxBox also.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Not a fan of PCDJ as their record case is too picky as to what it would allow into the database. Never had that trouble with clubdjpro and would go for that if djing is what I was going to be doing.