Michael Buble - "Cry Me A River"

Can't find a certain song? Maybe someone here can help.
leftygt

Michael Buble - "Cry Me A River"

Post by leftygt »

Anybody know if this track is coming out on karaoke? I've come across a few midi files but they just have'nt got the impact the "big-band" sound has.

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Boy I hope not.

He drags that out 2 minutes too long. :roll:
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I watched it on youtube and frankly ...it sucks. Way too long. Too much instrumentation. You forget what the songs about during each instrumental. It doesn' t show much singing talent either. The musical part might win the best drama award. :lol:

Just my opinion and I hope it doesn't come out on karaoke. If It does I'll probably delete it...for the boring factor alone. :roll:

I hate to say this but I would rather hear My Way a hunderd more times....
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Bigdog wrote:I hate to say this but I would rather hear My Way a hunderd more times....
Now that's harsh. :D

If I hear My Way "murdered" on Karaoke again any time soon, I might slit me wrists.

"I will survive" and "Paradise by the bloody dashboard light" are another pair I would never play again, if I had the choice!!!

Sandy
leftygt

Post by leftygt »

I quite like it - wether i'd like one of my mates singing it now is a different story!! But seriously, is it a copyright thing? singles released after this one have already appeared on karaoke?
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Karaoke songs are subject to how much return on investment the disc company can make. So the popularity of the song or the atrist plays a big factor in their decision.

Bottom line is will we make a profit from X song. If the answer is yes then it may come out.
leftygt

Post by leftygt »

Bigdog wrote:Karaoke songs are subject to how much return on investment the disc company can make. So the popularity of the song or the atrist plays a big factor in their decision.

Bottom line is will we make a profit from X song. If the answer is yes then it may come out.
Oh right, I thought it might be just down to the fact buble would'nt actually get any royalties from it.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

leftygt wrote:
Bigdog wrote:Karaoke songs are subject to how much return on investment the disc company can make. So the popularity of the song or the atrist plays a big factor in their decision.

Oh right, I thought it might be just down to the fact buble would'nt actually get any royalties from it.
Actually he may. ASCAP & BMI collect royalty fees from bars for karaoke, DJs and bands. Now if he actually wrote the song he would get paid more. He probably had to pay to use the song too. If it's not in public domain.

The karaoke manufacturers need to buy the rights to use every song they produce. X amount of money for X amount of copies. So if it costs them $100,000 for however many copies of one song, they need to make back much more than $100,000 in sales just for that one song. 15 songs on a disc now do the math. That's why 300 companies have 300 versions of the same Elvis song. It's very marketable. Doesn't do us much good to have 300 versions of one ELVIS song.
mnementh

Re: Michael Buble - "Cry Me A River"

Post by mnementh »

leftygt wrote:Anybody know if this track is coming out on karaoke? I've come across a few midi files but they just have'nt got the impact the "big-band" sound has.
Hi Leftygt,
"Cry me a river" by Michael Buble is on MRH65 or PS6174 or SAK03

Sandy
leftygt

Re: Michael Buble - "Cry Me A River"

Post by leftygt »

mnementh wrote:
leftygt wrote:Anybody know if this track is coming out on karaoke? I've come across a few midi files but they just have'nt got the impact the "big-band" sound has.
Hi Leftygt,
"Cry me a river" by Michael Buble is on MRH65 or PS6174 or SAK03

Sandy
Thanks Sandy for the info.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

You can also buy and download the single song at TriceraSoft
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I can guarantee it will be a song you will want to delete after 1 month. :lol:
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Bigdog wrote:I can guarantee it will be a song you will want to delete after 1 month. :lol:
I've had the song for a while and nobody has requested it yet. I doubt that anyone will.