Help finding a song for 50th anniv.

Can't find a certain song? Maybe someone here can help.
jeeperaz

Help finding a song for 50th anniv.

Post by jeeperaz »

My grandparents are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary soon. My grandfather would like to sing a song to his wife.

The song is Darling Lorraine by the Knockouts. It was also covered by Kenny Vance and the Planotones.

Unfortunately, from my research, it appears to have been sort of a regional hit rather than being popular all over the airwaves.

I hope I'm not intruding by asking for assistance here... I really have no clue where to look for help.

Thanks!

mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Hi there jeeperaz,
you're not intruding asking for an assist. If you don't ask, you'll never find anything out.

Two things first,
1)welcome to the forum
2)congratulations to your Grandparents on their 50th.

Unfortunately, the sad news is that I'm finding what you already seem to have found.

The song "Sweet Lorraine" by either Nat King Cole or Uriah Heep (go figure) is available according to KjPro but not "Darling Lorraine".

I've tried searching on the song title and the band name but only came up with one hit on a backing track but that was not yet available.

However, there are a few custom karaoke sites on the web and it might be worth asking how much it might cost for a "special".

Try looking on Youtube for a karaoke version (I can't do this at work as Youtube is blocked). If it's there, there are plenty of downloaders available (Firefox has a plugin to do this).

Best of luck on your quest and I hope the anniversary goes well.

Sandy.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
jeeperaz

Post by jeeperaz »

Thanks Sandy. I've already searched youtube... no luck on a karaoke version there.

However, there are a few custom karaoke sites on the web and it might be worth asking how much it might cost for a "special".
Can you share any website names?

--J
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Welcome to the forum. You won't find a karaoke version of that song. I tried to reduce the vocals from the original but it can't be done. That leaves your only option to have a custom backing track created. The site I found that has the best prices is in the UK at http://www.backingtracksonline.co.uk/custom-tracks
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

Try this version, It is a vocal reduction from a Kenny Vance mp3 but I matched it to the Knockouts lyricks, not perfect but if you can't find anything else it may help you out.
Download it from Here: http://shares.torreviejarental.com/s#1a ... rraine.zip

It is only available for 60 days.
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

Here's a second attempt this time with The Kenny Vance Lyricks as well that are slightly different at the end to the knockouts version:
http://shares.torreviejarental.com/s#59 ... 0Vance.zip
jeeperaz

Post by jeeperaz »

Thanks you so much mr.dj for your efforts. I'm not confident either of those will work. I'm concerned the audio system in the hall where the anniversary is being held might not be the best and the sound will be distracting.

There is a live version on youtube I wonder if you might try for me. I imagine youtube is where you are sourcing the other recordings? If so, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAxgIr3UkxQ

Again, I completely appreciate yours and this community's help thus far.
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

jeeperaz wrote:Thanks you so much mr.dj for your efforts. I'm not confident either of those will work. I'm concerned the audio system in the hall where the anniversary is being held might not be the best and the sound will be distracting.

There is a live version on youtube I wonder if you might try for me. I imagine youtube is where you are sourcing the other recordings? If so, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAxgIr3UkxQ

Again, I completely appreciate yours and this community's help thus far.
I did try that one and various others but they won't vocal reduce at all.
I can just add the lyric to that recording as it is but you have the audience applause in that version.
I have got an original recording of the track that I can use, it is only 2.14 min duration but again can not reduce vocals on it, if you are happy to just have the lyrics superimposed over it as it is and sing along with then let me know if you want the youtube version or the original recording.
jeeperaz

Post by jeeperaz »

I don't believe the lyrics are even needed. He has them memorized and had planned on changing them slightly anyway... rather than 'Lorrraine' he was going to sing my grandmothers name as well as some other small changes along the way.