What do you charge

You know you have an opinion. Express it here!
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I wouldn't be afraid to take my style of karaoke to any part of the country. I know I could be successful at it. Actually I would love the challenge to show these wannabe KJs how it's done.

If you have the right equipment and mindset you could enter any market place. Pittsburgh being a major city would probably get you a higher pay grade provided you can produce. I would'nt personally work in a big city. Too many "click" areas. College spots are trouble areas. Pittsburgh is loaded with them.

Again, many areas of the country DJ/KJs don't make it. Karaoke singers want to sing not dance.

There is nothing wrong with you doing all DJ nights and doing all karaoke nights. But mixing the 2 is different. I have talked to people from Pittsburgh and all around the country from KJs to singers. The KJs compaining about not being able to find karaoke jobs are killing the karaoke with other non karaoke diversions during the scheduled karaoke night. You can take that to the bank...or actually you can't because there is nothing to take to the bank if you can't work.

Karaoke/KJ success is a fine line. Karaoke is a highwire act and falling off is everything else. Do you have what it takes to walk the wire?

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

This is all you or anyone else needs to know to become successful.

Karaoke is always about the singers. If they don't show up you have nothing but a dance/DJ night.

If the bar owner wanted a DJ night he could have hired a DJ. If he hires a KJ he wants a karaoke night. Singers make the karaoke night a success, not dancers.

When everyone understands this concept then it will work. I didn't invent it. I just discovered it and use it to my advantage. My unemployed competiton doesn't. :wink:

Singers singing = karaoke success. Nothing else. Don't try to reinvent the wheel.