Owner's Friends

How would you handle these situations?
wiseguy
Site Admin

Owner's Friends

Post by wiseguy »

The show is going fine and you have your usual crowd and quite a few singers. The owner of the place comes up to you and says "I have some close friends of mine here and I want you to move them up in the singer rotation and let them sing whenever they want". What would you do?

kjgreg

Post by kjgreg »

I would tell the owner that not even the time my best friend who had just got back from Irac recieved special attention and was move up in rotation. I will not bump your friends up in rotation. I run a fair rotation and do my best to keep it fair.... :!: :!:

If she doesn't like that I guess I will be looking for a new venue ehh.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
rowdydlq

Post by rowdydlq »

I don't change my rotation for friends or friends of the owner, however as the night goes on I do bring new singers into the mix for their first song sooner than the bottom of the rotation, I also don't put a singer up 3 times straight just because they turn in 3 slips at once, I asked them to number them 1-2-3 ect. It always amazes me how WE never seem to get the rotation right for everybody but the core group of singers always come back so I guess we are doing something right.
Full House Entertainment

Post by Full House Entertainment »

The owner at the club we've been doing the longest asks Richard & I to do our version of Summer Nights (yes, I know) which is a dirty version with some body language as well. She knows that we won't do it until it is our "turn" to sing. She's fine with that, she realises that all the other singers are enjoying her club and the karaoke she provides and doesn't want to use her "power" to bump them down in line.

The owners/managers at all our clubs understand the importance of a fair rotation in keeping the crowd happy so fortunately it is not an issue for us. If it were an issue I guess we, like kjgreg, would be looking for a new venue.

Susie :D
You do it in the shower,
You do it in the car,
Come do it with us,
And be a star.....

Karaoke with Full House Entertainment
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Had that happen at only one place. As it was a fill in for a buddy of mine, I basically had no choice but to allow it to happen if I want to keep filling in. Hasn't happened since as I haven't filled in for them since. As to how I run my rotation, the only time I would bump singers ahead is if I am no longer on the original rotation and all other singers have had a chance to sing. Oh and the last criteria is that they haven't sung yet.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Tell him he is screwing with my reputation. I'm protecting yours, respect mine.

A fair rotation is all I have to get me jobs. It's all that keeps these people here. Do you want their money or do you want your competition to get it?

I have walked out on jerk owners before.