Those That Will Not Fill Out Song Request Forms

How would you handle these situations?
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Singing Girl

Post by Singing Girl »

I go out to sing at other venues occasionally (it's not alway about work!). One KJ I know has a unique way to make it easy for regulars. If you have participated in his shows on more than one occasion, he has a file box and each regular has a divider with their name. At the end of the night, he sorts the slips by person. That way, the next time you come to his show, he gives you the slips for songs you sang previously and you just give him the ones you want to repeat.
This particular KJ works in a small bar in a small town. But the place gets packed! Since most of the signers come every week, he not only makes it easy for them but saves his blank slips. Of course, anyone can always put in a new slip with something new.

djBe

Post by djBe »

I try to get them to fill out slips, too.
But that's only half the battle.
Training them to fill out only one song per slip, and one slip at a time is a neverending quest.
I, too, like to have my hands on the soundboard and not the songbooks - you never know when someone is going to wander in front of a speaker with the microphone or start screaming bullshit.
If I do help them, I'll tutor them at the same time and then ask them to fill it out themselves next time. it makes them feel like they're gettting good service while hopefully helping them understand karaoke ettiquette.
I also try to get people to read the karaoke 101 page, both in my books and on my website thedjbeline.com
djBe

Post by djBe »

One more thing about slips...they can advertise for you, something in their hand with your logo, website, email, FB, phone numger, whatever that they can take with them, if you're looking to do get lucrative private parties.
Visit my page on FB....Karaoke Karolina. Check out my store/studio/art gallery AXXTACY GUITARS & GEAR M-F 2PM-7PM, 5285 Main, Shallotte, NC. 910-795-9083
djBe

Post by djBe »

Coming back once a year to update the demise of slipdom in the world of karaoke! I now accept people just telling me their song while still asking them to fill out slips next time, most of my singers are ok with it, and the ones that arent i deal with. I have giveawys however where the slips are required as entry tickets, so people who dont fill out slips improve the odds for people who do. i am giving away a guitar in november drawn from slips at allf our of my shows.
Visit my page on FB....Karaoke Karolina. Check out my store/studio/art gallery AXXTACY GUITARS & GEAR M-F 2PM-7PM, 5285 Main, Shallotte, NC. 910-795-9083