music too loud or is it

How would you handle these situations?
mwadeson

music too loud or is it

Post by mwadeson »

We had a contract with a bar. Wed Fri and Sat one week of the month. It was real nice we didn't have to tear down just left everything set up. Even though our contract was up we figured we had been doing this for a year we don't need a contract with them. The Bar owner booked up another six months with us. Then one friday we get there and they had a big party going on and they had a second bar set up around our equipment. not to happy. Then on sat night all was going well. the bar owner had left and the bar tenders asked us to turn it up, the crowd was happy. Later the bar owner shows up and never even said anything to us. We got paid and she said that it had gone great, see you next month. The following week she called and cancelled all the dates. Which sucked we had turned down three or four bigger gigs because she had been so nice. We tried to expain the situation to her. she had no time for it. now she called this last week and is in a bind. would you go play for her again.

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I would probably not play for her again unless I raised the price. I would also get it in writing with a new contract ready when the old one expires.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I would work for her again, unless I already had something else lined up, but the price would increase by 50% (no bargaining) and I would insist on a signed contract.
Marlena

Post by Marlena »

I dunno .. the minute the contract was cancelled i would have found an alternative business to go to for those nights.. to give her a run for her money... and when she phoned i'd of told her where she could go.. that said though... if you haven't found another contract and you need the money then take it at a huge increase... A contract i had for 5 years that was cancelled last fall.. now has a new owner but has allowed the client base to go to crap... called me last week... although it was not this praticular owner that i had a problem with i still raised my prize to an ridiculous amount of money with a tab and unreasonable demands just so if i had to take the contract again it would WELL be worth my while.

Marlena
mwadeson

Thank you for the advice

Post by mwadeson »

Thank you for the advice i did give her a reply and told her I wanted a one year contract with the dates picked with in a couple of weeks or a night to night contract and cash up front. I almost tripled the rate of what we were at. She said she is going to get the dates together and call me back. I don't think I will hear from her again. Or at least i hope not.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Bar owners are the idiots of the world.

They think we are all the same. Anyone can be a KJ. Probably because any idiot can own a bar. I didn't say manage it right and make money, I said "own" a bar. Anyone can "own" karaoke equipment. Doesn't mean you are a KJ in my catagory.

Bar owners never cease to amaze me with stupid bar owner tricks. I have seen many a mismanaged bar go out of business. And I know of many right now that are on the brink of disaster. They must get a bar disaster instruction book with the liqour license. Same stupid failure mistakes over and over.

You think the housing market is going down hill. Bar business failures are probably higher and there are less of them.