Lawsuit Question

Discuss any legal issues pertaining to karaoke.
The Lone Ranger

Post by The Lone Ranger »

[quote="DanG2006"]No they are not illegal. If you were to start doing shows at a bar with your setup then if you copied more than 10 discs without getting permission from piracy LLC through an audit then you would be technically illegal since you haven't obtained permission to shift. The same goes for SC discs.[/quote]

8) Only one question Danny how are you supposed to get permission via an audit, since PR/WWD currently has no audit system in place. All hosts that obtained certifications during the still active last days of CB, are now holding paper that expired after one year. All host that bought the 12,000 track drives from CB only had their product certified for one year. Gretchen said that a new certification system of auditing would be resumed at some future date, as of right now their is nothing. It has been a few weeks now since Gretchen made her statement what has happened in the mean time? We are now in a situation where PR/WWD can sue a host and there is no way for the host to get the suit removed through an audit process. No way to correct the matter without having to pay money and go through a trial.

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Kinda sounds like a scam to me...

Let's sucker everyone we can out of money with a phoney certification and then disappear...with the money. :wink:

P.T. Barnum was right... :lol:
The Lone Ranger

8) The way everything was set up for one year makes me think Bigdog they knew they were going out of business, and tried to bleed as much as they could from the unwary host. Many were shocked and dismayed when CB went under especially those hosts that shelled out over $2,000.00 for those 12,000 CB track hard drives that were only good for a year. You can still use them but you are doing so without PR/WWD/DTE's permission.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

PiracyrecoveryLLc are doing audits now.
The Lone Ranger

8) Unless you have information no one else has Danny their is not any statement by PR/WWD that they have resumed audits. Here is a little help their website.

http://www.piracyrecoveryllc.com

If you check out the site they want you to give them all of your information and they will get back to you. I bet they will with a nice juicy lawsuit. They have a list of less than 100 verified hosts of which only the first 10 have a verification number, what is that all about. Verified does not mean certified. It could mean it is verified that the host has CB content in their library like many hosts do. It could also mean that they cannot certify hosts only verify their CB content, you think? Before I would send these clowns any information I would like some information from them. Like what are the rules of the game they are trying to play and what are they trying to get out of all of this. I'm beginning to wonder if they have any standing going after the label of a collapsed company that went into foreclosure, to avoid paying it's creditors. It would seem that if anyone should get paid it should be those creditors first, not these injured investors. :roll: :roll: :roll:
The Lone Ranger

8) Hot Flash Update: I just found out that certification is not the term anymore but verification is. The verification they are talking about is verifying that you are a subscriber of cloud. There will be no need for audits Danny since the new standard will be subscriber verification not certification of your current physical library of discs. I wonder what that is going to do to the price of discs? They are probably going South since they won't be needed to prove you are 1:1 compliant. That explains why your certified hosts friends weren't on the verified list. To be vetted that means they must subscribe like Athena, Sandman And Thunder. Yep them manus are real friends to their friends.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

The Lone Ranger wrote:8) The way everything was set up for one year makes me think Bigdog they knew they were going out of business, and tried to bleed as much as they could from the unwary host. Many were shocked and dismayed when CB went under especially those hosts that shelled out over $2,000.00 for those 12,000 CB track hard drives that were only good for a year. You can still use them but you are doing so without PR/WWD/DTE's permission.
OK help me out here...

Whenever these companies use any music they buy the rights for "X" amount of copies....It doesn't work on a timer....it works on copies of the song.

So how can they implement a time period for music I buy...I thought my purchase was good for the copy I bought and there was never a time limit condition mentioned by any company EVER...

I think that is total BS too.....more scam 'em & and ram 'em..
The Lone Ranger

8) Just between me an you Bigdog I don't think they can put a time limit on anything. What is the key to every magic trick creating the illusion? What is the key to every con job creating the illusion of wealth? What is the key to them getting some kind of pay off from hosts? Creating the illusion that they can do something, and to avoid them doing it to you they need to be paid off. Some people call it insurance others call it protection.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

The Lone Ranger wrote:8) Just between me an you Bigdog I don't think they can put a time limit on anything. What is the key to every magic trick creating the illusion? What is the key to every con job creating the illusion of wealth? What is the key to them getting some kind of pay off from hosts? Creating the illusion that they can do something, and to avoid them doing it to you they need to be paid off. Some people call it insurance others call it protection.
Racket, con, scam, bribe, illegal...some words that come to mind...these companies must have been taken over by the MOB... :lol:
The Lone Ranger

8) I don't know about the MOB Bigdog, but they are definitely trying to make the host an offer he can't refuse.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

You know it sounds like a last ditch effort to raise some money....so what happens to everyone that gets sucked into the scheme and then they run away with the money never to be seen again?

But wait nothing like has ever happened before..take a bunch of up front money and then go bankrupt..
The Lone Ranger

8) I just received some unconfirmed information that fits in nicely with your MOB thought Bigdog.

The lawsuit against SC where the complaint has been amended to include violations of the RICO Act for their "enforcement enterprise". Maybe someone else thought they were trying to strong arm hosts and sell protection, I mean insurance. It would also seem the Jim Harrington their legal eagle might be in trouble. Harrington has been replaced as lead counsel on that one lawsuit against SC. There is speculation, perhaps he'll be changing seats from attorney to defendant.

Getting back to your post above it stands to reason PR/WWD/DTE/CB needs to raise money. They haven't had a cash infusion since they had their fire sale on all old CB product. That has been over a year ago, the current legal process has cost money, with nothing coming in. Their cash cow the Cloud subscription if it is only 98 verified subscribers is not going to net them enough to even keep that service going. Like Deep Throat said in "All The Kings Men", "follow the money".
dad47

Post by dad47 »

Thanks Dan I have never copied them I just use them as they came. We have a good time with them but money never has been exchanged for anykind of show. Thanks much.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Hey RICO...now that's funny.... :lol:

Even if they are found innocent...they still have to shell out a lot of money to defend the accusations...just like they were doing to the KJs..

I like it when a plan comes together.... :wink:

Now consider this...if each accused KJ would file a RICO suit against them would they each have to be faught on an individual basis....meaning thousands of lawsuits against them....all at one time..... 8)

That would kill this whole bunch of BS real quick like wouldn't it...
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

dad47 wrote:Thanks Dan I have never copied them I just use them as they came. We have a good time with them but money never has been exchanged for anykind of show. Thanks much.
Dad I don't know if you're up to speed on this subject but I'll give it to you in a nutshell.

Years ago Sound Choice told every KJ that it was OK if we put or CDG music on a hard drive as a 1-1 copy. Lately they have reneged on that promise...after everyone has already done it...now they are taking people to court saying we are in copyright violation for doing the 1-1 (format shift) to our hard drives....

If you are using discs...what will you do if they become too scratched to use? Many of them are totally unavailable to purchase anymore. So that music will be lost forever.

What I have and many others have done is copy all of our discs to a hard drive to protect our financial investment. I personally have spent over $50,000 on music over the years and I'm not about to watch is disappear without taking some type of action to preserve it..I have many discs that have degraded over the years just from sitting and I'll tell you why....this is my best guess...

The aluminum foil sandwiched in the plastic of the music disks was not put there in a clean environment..,..the aluminum foil became infected with oxidation particles....look at your aluminum screen door... That's oxidation....It's occurring inside each and ever disk...I have SOUND CHOICE discs that look like swiss cheese when you hold them up to the light...so even in a drawer not being used they could disappear....

( the aluminum would have had to be poured into the molds in an oxygen free ...meaning purged with nitrogen....environment at the aluminum factory....and then it would have to be kept in a nitrogen purged container until it was put into the CD and the machinery that makes the discs would have to be purged with nitrogen during the entire process......Which to my knowledge would be totally impossible unless the CDS were made at the aluminum factory in a specially equiped factory which was nitrogen purged & cleaner than NASA space capsule factory........)

This could never be done....so these CDs will never last 50 years...many haven't made it 5 years....
Technically they said CDs would last 50 years....Not so....now if the foil was gold...It would last forever...except for external scratches on the plastic...