New SC Tracks To Be Released By PEP?

Discuss any legal issues pertaining to karaoke.
The Lone Ranger

New SC Tracks To Be Released By PEP?

Post by The Lone Ranger »

8) It would seem the Phoenix is trying to rise from the ashes of SC. It has been revealed on K/S by Jim Harrington that new product will be released for the first time in years by the former manu SC. To combat the risk of theft and piracy only a select few will be permitted to obtain these new tracks. Only hosts licensed under PEP's operator's license program can buy the new product. The price for the new product will be quite steep $30.00 for 8 tracks, getting up into the custom disc region, price wise. Not even a discount for the loyal prior purchasers, or the hosts that currently lease the GEM series, price for GEM has gone up as well. Let's see you would have to pay 200.00 a month for the operator's license and 30.00 as well for 8 tracks, such a deal. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

All this for the dubious honor of using the SC product, which some hosts think they can't run their business without. Naturally all of the SC/PEP supporters think this is the best thing since the wheel. Unfortunately there is no reason to reinvent the wheel. This particular wheel has been broken for some time, and it would be better to exchange it for a different brand. I originally decided to boycott the SC product and I never regretted my decision. Legal karaoke hosts are barely making it now, having to pay protection money every month and inflated prices for discs, would make small independent operators disappear. Only the large scale operations could continue.

These supporters of SC make me seriously ill, they wait in line to kiss the backside of Kurt and Jim. They kiss the hand that slaps them, and lick the boot that kicks them. No brand is worth this type of humiliation. The reason SC aka PEP must charge so much money is to cut in EMI after PEP was forced to settle with them. They were forced to take on a new partner and now they are trying to force hosts to take them on as partners. The new product is only a lure to get hosts signed up as licensed SC operator's, if someone decides to sign up wait until the new product comes out and you can see if it is worth the extra cost. I doubt it will make business sense to many hosts, especially small independent operators.

The Lone Ranger

Re: New SC Tracks To Be Released By PEP?

8) I need to amend my earlier post concerning Jim's comments about who would be able to purchase the new product, here is a quote from him that might clear this up.

"Advance tracks will not be available to non-licensees. If you are not compliant with our policies you will not be able to obtain these tracks legally".

This part about non-licensees leaves the question open as to whether the small group of certified hosts and the original disc based Sound Choice user hosts would be able also to purchase these advance tracks? Since GEM hosts are licensees they would be included I would think, but I don't know this for sure. The amount of hosts that would be able to purchase this product would be less than 2% of the current hosts operating in this country. I don't know if this would be enough to support a new product. Since the so called EMI settlement it would seem PEP aka SC will be stepping up it's protection of the SC trademark, to bring hosts who use the SC product into the licensed fold. Making it more important for hosts to make the business decision whether to carry SC content, or dump it.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

They can keep their new crap. I wouldn't play another SC song if they were giving them away.
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

wiseguy wrote:They can keep their new crap. I wouldn't play another SC song if they were giving them away.
Ditto
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Lone, licensed includes those that are using the certifications, the GEM series and the HELP licensees. That said I wouldn't plop $30 for eight tracks that I have no idea what they are.
The Lone Ranger

Sort of like buying a pig in a poke isn't Danny?