PEP Takes Over Chartbuster?

Discuss any legal issues pertaining to karaoke.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
The Lone Ranger

PEP Takes Over Chartbuster?

Post by The Lone Ranger »

8) I saw this on the K/S forum that PEP aka SC has taken over the Chartbuster label from Digitrax. I don't know how this effects the hosts that use the cloud service that Digitrax offers. It would seem that they are also taking over the enforcement duties from Pirate Recovery LLC. If this turns out to be the case then another label is under the control of the karaoke content police. It is unclear if PEP will honor any of the certifications offered by CB before they went out of business, and dumped their product on the market. Most of the CB I have is on SCDG's and is protected under a different copyright given to CAVS. I talked with the owners of CAVS and they don't plan on following PEP's example.

It would seem that PEP is out to take over as many defunct labels as they can in order to force all hosts to have to pay them to run their business. I just hope they run out of money before they are able to corner the market. Retirement looks better all the time.

The Lone Ranger

Re: PEP Takes Over Chartbuster?

Post by The Lone Ranger »

P.S. Information concerning the take over can be found by looking under 2015 Karaoke Summit, and seeing down the page the recorded summit site. Much of the first part is logo you have to advance to the actual discussion part. Kurt and his little presentation is near the end of the summit.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System