Need advice on choosing Karaoke player

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
billa

Need advice on choosing Karaoke player

Post by billa »

Hello,

Help. I was looking for help in finding a Karaoke Player. Can anyone give me some advice? My original post was not replied too. I would appreciate any advice based on exprience. My original post was:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am looking to buy a quality Karaoke player for home singing practice (in Band) Need quality, looked at voco pro DVG 777 III and DVX 890K. They are the newest upgrades to the Player only units out there. Not sure the RSQ or Acesonics are quality built even though they have many features such as record modes. Not sure I have to have HDMI but the Mic input quality would be importment as well as matching music / voice. I do have a PA I could sing though without using the player mic inputs. Does anyone have any suggestions. Without actually demoing the units, it is difficult to test quality. Thanks, Bill

mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

I think one reason you have not had a reply is most of us now days are using computer based systems rather than players.
As technology advances it wont be long before all tracks are digitised making the cd types players redundant as I see it.
Computer software is the way to go.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Since you have a PA system...the only reason to have a player would be to play the music. You would hook up the player to your PA system and use the microphones in the PA system...all going through your mixer...I wouldn't use the microphones through the player if I had access to a real PA system. You can use the reverb in the PA system...makes everything much more dynamic...I have a full size PA in my living room...

Do you actually want to do karaoke with the music and the words or just sing along to music to practice your vocals, by just playing the songs from the artists original music CDs? If I want to learn songs...I pull them up on Youtube and open a second screen from a lyric site. Then I have the original music and singer and the words...

A regular CD player could be hooked up to your PA to do what I just described....or hook up your computer audio to the PA system..most computers now have RCA stereo outs..
The Lone Ranger

Post by The Lone Ranger »

[quote="mr.dj"]I think one reason you have not had a reply is most of us now days are using computer based systems rather than players.
As technology advances it wont be long before all tracks are digitised making the cd types players redundant as I see it.
Computer software is the way to go.[/quote]

8) It depends on what type of crowd you have. I always needed to have a player on my rack that I could switch to. The bread and butter of my business were the baby boomers, that's why a Golden Oldies show was always so successful. This group is the largest single segment of the market, with the most disposable income.

I found out even if I had their song and their brand, they still wanted to use the disc they practiced at home with. In fact I had singers come to my show since the PC host would not play their disc. It is something to think about.