Starsinger 1000

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Redspider

Starsinger 1000

Post by Redspider »

Hello all, I'm new to the scene and new to the site.

I have recently purchased a Starsinger 1000 Karaoke machine as a Christmas present for my little girl. It's not a bad piece of kit as it goes and, obviously, far better than the sort of karaoke machines that are usually bought for children at places like Toys R Us etc.

What I want to do is to hook up some speakers to it rather than rely on the TV for sound output.

Can anybody recommend a set of speakers. I don't want to spend too much and they haven't got to be the most spectacular 500w output kind. I want them to be loud but not necessarily THAT loud. After all, it's for my daughter to sing in the front room or in her bedroom and not down at the local WMC lol.

An empty promise of biscuits will be awarded to all replies as well as the more customary 'thank you'.

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

The only way I know is to run it through a mixer of a PA system. I don't see how many watts the player is....doesn't really matter ...PA system is the way to go
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

For your purpose I would recommend a single active (powered) PA speaker. These have a built in amplifier and all you would need to do is run a stereo RCA cable from the KARAOKE OUTPUT connections on the back of the Starsinger to the speaker. Just make sure the speaker you select has RCA inputs. If you look on Amazon you will find these speakers stating at about $100 USD. You should also be able to find them locally.