Looking for simple setup

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
cistec

Looking for simple setup

Post by cistec »

Hi

New to the forum so hello to you all.

I would like some advice on a setup which I would like simple or as dumb proof as possible.

I have been using a CAVS 203G for the past 2 years which is disc based and can be a hassle and time consuming messing with discs looking and finding...real pain!

I am looking at a upgrade to a player which allows you to install songs from Karaoke discs onto the machine and then run machine menu and song words through a TV monitor/projector.

I would like a smart machine which allows me to cue the second song ready to play for the next singer if poss. I have very little budget so please bear this in mind please. I am open to all ideas which make it easier I am not a tech head!

Thanks

cistec

:?

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Welcome to the forum!

There are hard drive machines available but they are much more expensive than standard karaoke disc players. Expect to pay $600 or more for a basic model. They are also known to not be very user friendly ("dumb proof").

For less than $100 ( a little more if you add an external hard drive) you can turn your laptop into a karaoke machine that is easier to operate and has more features than any hard drive player. Hosting software offers features like song search, singer rotation (cuing up a list of singers), singer history, venue history, next singer display, remote monitor support, filler music, etc...

Check out this Karaoke on a Laptop Computer article.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads