No audio from vocopro 890k to sony reciever

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Kb01

No audio from vocopro 890k to sony reciever

Post by Kb01 »

I have a VocoPro DVX890K Karaoke Player and a Sony STRDH750 7.2 Channel
I am having collecting them together since i am new.
Please advice on how to connect to get vocol and video using the
Player and the receiver.
Any help is greatly appreciated
Kb

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Connect it with RCA cables just like you were connecting a DVD player. The user manual has diagrams for different types of connections.
Kb01

Post by Kb01 »

I tried a few methods so far and only get video and here how i did it.
Left and right output from "mic + music"
And video port from karaoke player to tv input.
This i can heard dvd audio and sound.
But when use cdg karaoke disk, only video but no audio
I tried to see manual diagram from this player but no example from receiver of how to hook it up:(
2nd, i tried hdmi output from this player to receiver in but that didn't help either. Like my br player, i used hdmi port and it worked perfectly but not from this karaoke player.
Can you be a bit more details? I am so new to hooking up these devices since i just got them this month. Thank you for ant help.
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

Left and right output from "mic + music" is the correct outputs to use, I see in the manual page 14 it shows button #9 that switches audio from 5.1 to 2 channel, just wondered if this is set wrong might stop you hearing any output.

Not being familiar with your Sony amp I suggest you try connecting the Left and right output from "mic + music" direct to audio in of tv then select av as your source on the TV, if that checks out alright then at least you know the cd+g mix is functioning. Then try connecting to one of the audio inputs of the Sony and figuring out the settings from that.