Karaoke mixer?

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads

Karaoke mixer?

Post by 520131420 »

Hi everyone.
Can you help me to choose between Voco Pro DA-2000K, Voco Pro DA-2050K, and Yamaha Digital Karaoke Processor KP-300 for my small room karaoke system? I want the best since they are being sold used at about same price on ebay. The Vocopro are USA made in, the Yamaha is Malaysia made in.
Thank you very much <3
Love you all. :twisted:

DanG2006

Re: Karaoke mixer?

Post by DanG2006 »

The Vocopro's are junk. I personally would get this mixer: Yamaha MG10XU USB Stereo Mixer with Effects because it will sound better than all three choices.

Post by 520131420 »

Thank you DanG2006 <3 what is the USB about?
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Do yourself a big favor and don't buy used electronics. They are subject to fail at any moment and you need to be covered by the warranty of a new item. Two of the mixers you mentioned are discontinued models as well. If you are simply using the mixer to mix the audio from your karaoke player with a couple of dynamic or condenser mics then you should consider a small mixing board. Both Behringer and Yamaha make some good quality mixers at a good price.

The Behringer XENYX 1202FX and the Yamaha MG06X are a couple of examples.
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

i agree with Wiseguy. first, vocopro is junk. you will end up paying more and getting lees along with lower quality.
both Yamaha and Behringer are making very good boards (never thought i would say that about Behringer, but this latest incarnation of their Xenyx line really are great) and will give you quality sound, great features, and cost quite a bit less than any vocopro.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

520131420 wrote:Thank you DanG2006 <3 what is the USB about?
Usb lets you connect directly to your laptop or computer through the USB ports eliminating the need to patch from the audio out of the laptop or using an external soundcard.
Azirithdorr

Post by Azirithdorr »

Hi everyone,

Not to highjack this thread, but based on reading it, I bought my first mixer: a Yamaha MG10XU to start my home karaoke system. My question is: is there any advantage/disadvantage to using the USB to run from my laptop to the mixer vs. using a 1/8" to split RCA patch cable? DanG2006 already clarified for us on this very thread that it can be one or the other, but I was wondering if there is a 'better' choice of the two.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Azirithdorr wrote:Hi everyone,

Not to highjack this thread, but based on reading it, I bought my first mixer: a Yamaha MG10XU to start my home karaoke system. My question is: is there any advantage/disadvantage to using the USB to run from my laptop to the mixer vs. using a 1/8" to split RCA patch cable? DanG2006 already clarified for us on this very thread that it can be one or the other, but I was wondering if there is a 'better' choice of the two.
What you're talking about is analog (1/8" to RCA) versus digital (USB). The Yamaha MG10XU is an analog mixer. While it offers USB as a connection option there would be no advantage in using a USB cable over an analog cable.
Azirithdorr

Post by Azirithdorr »

wiseguy wrote:
Azirithdorr wrote:Hi everyone,

What you're talking about is analog (1/8" to RCA) versus digital (USB). The Yamaha MG10XU is an analog mixer. While it offers USB as a connection option there would be no advantage in using a USB cable over an analog cable.
Thank you kindly, sir.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I disagree. there is an advantage using usb over rca. One you can record using usb where you can't using rca/1/8". It also sounds better coming from the usb soundcard rather than out of the headphone jack of the computer. A usb soundcard will always sound better than the stock soundcard headphone out jack of a laptop.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

DanG2006 wrote:I disagree. there is an advantage using usb over rca. One you can record using usb where you can't using rca/1/8". It also sounds better coming from the usb soundcard rather than out of the headphone jack of the computer. A usb soundcard will always sound better than the stock soundcard headphone out jack of a laptop.
Inputting a digital signal into an analog mixer offers no advantage. The mixer is just going to convert it back to analog.
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

I'm with Dan on this point, the sound cards in the mixer are a better quality than the average stock sound cards in the laptops.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

It's like you all don't know the difference between analog and digital. But hell... USB cables are cheap. Maybe Azirithdorr can try the USB instead the analog connection and come back and tell us how much better the sound is by inputting a digital signal into an analog mixer.
Azirithdorr

Post by Azirithdorr »

I actually do have both cables - I'll try both to see if there is any difference once I actually get my system setup - just waiting on buying my first PA speaker rather then using my home speakers.

Of course, I wouldn't call my ear 'trained' by any means so I doubt I'd notice any minute differences.
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

it is not an analog or digital issue, it is the analog to digital CONVERTER.
the one in the onboard soundcard on the computer is a lower quality than the one in the mixer.
so yes, the signal will be converted to analog either way, but the mixer has a better converter to do so. it means much more in the MP3 world than with the disc world.