Amplifier for 2 speakers 150W each

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
mr7upvn

Amplifier for 2 speakers 150W each

Post by mr7upvn »

I want to buy an amplifier for my karaoke system. So far, I researched and found two optional:
1. DX-2II (DX-211) BMB
http://www.soundtekmusic.com/Better-Musi...
2. API A-502
http://www.acekaraoke.com/api-a-502-600w...

I want to hook up with 2 floor speakers (150W/EACH). I'm not really sure these two actually work fine with that (product detail looks fine). Also, if any experts, can you please recommend me a brand or a good amplifier to buy (range from $150-$400) that work fine with my speakers.

And, if I use wireless microphone connect with amplifier. Does it work fine with these amplifier?

Sorry, I'm new to karaoke.
Thank you very much!

wiseguy
Site Admin

Re: Amplifier for 2 speakers 150W each

Post by wiseguy »

What is the make and model and the speakers? Just saying they are 150 watts is not enough information.
mr7upvn

Post by mr7upvn »

Sorry, here is the link to the speaker.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-core-s ... Id=5926456

It's SONY SSCS3
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

If you like those speakers don't use them for karaoke. They are designed for reproducing recorded audio, not live vocals, and you could easily destroy them if you try to perform live vocals through them. You need PA speakers to perform karaoke effectively.
mr7upvn

Post by mr7upvn »

Is it fine if I want to use those two speakers. I already bought these two speakers. Will it still work If i use those two?
If not, can you please recommend me two good floor speakers that for home karaoke system (about $400 or less) ? And also, amplifier that work fine with those speakers?
mr7upvn

Post by mr7upvn »

Sorry I'm new to sound industry. It would be nice if you can help me decide amplifier ($400 or less), speakers (floor speaker would be best but it doesn't matter much, $400 or less), and also wireless microphone (200$ or less). Thank you for your help.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

You might consider the Yamaha STAGEPAS 400I. It will take care of both the amp and PA speakers in a perfectly matched system. The Gemini UHF-4200M Wireless Handheld Mic System would be a good choice.
mr7upvn

Post by mr7upvn »

Thank you very much! I think I will get those 2 speakers included amp. For the microphone, I think it's a really good one. But, do you have a cheaper (100-150$) to refer in case my family members want to? If not, it's fine. Once again, you are really nice to me. I love this website now.

By the way, can you please explain for me how to connect wireless speaker with the speaker or the amplifier? I never done this before. I guess I need to setup the channel between the microphone receiver with the microphone first. Then what next? What should I do to sing a song? Thanks
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

The Audio2000s Awm6032u UHF Dual Channel Wireless Microphone System is a little cheaper but still pretty good quality. You will use a short cable to connect the microphone receiver to one of the channels on the amp. It will be very easy to figure everything out when you have all the components in front of you.