Echo

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
Paradigm Karaoke

Re: Echo

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

i'm sorry it ended this way, but glad we could help. please let us know before you buy anything else so we can help avoid someone taking advantage of you again.

Chameleon

Post by Chameleon »

Hi Wiseguy, how yuh doin'? Just thought out of courtesy I should update you. I have purchased the 1202 FX and after some initial experimentation all now seems to be fine and Kathryn and I and the odd friend or two have had some great evenings singing away, great fun, I can hear her rendering of Blanket on the ground as I'm typing this message to you. I've not yet worked out how to use the Siglos software but I'll get there. Would you recommend any other management software? One slightly niggling issue I have is when the system is active but not in use it sounds as if wind is blowing across the microphone, any suggestion regarding this? By the way I also purchased new mics, Beringers with new cables and XLR connectors. Thanks to you we are now well into our karaoke system. Most grateful. Take care mate.
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

1) i use Siglos and it is fairly simple, what exactly are you having questions on?
2) the noise is a combination of the cheap cables, the low end amplifier, and mismatch on power (the amp is 1/3 what it needs to be for those speakers.) and the signal to noise ratio is VERRRRY high (84dB) so it makes a lot of noise on it's own.
your best bet is to send them back everything, tell them where to shove it and get something else.
Chameleon

Post by Chameleon »

Hi Paradigm. All OK with you? Unfortunately it's not very easy for me to send the kit back since I live in France and the cost would be prohibitive. I have upgraded the cables and the mics. I'm using Siglos and all is fine except the 'wind' noise and that doesn't come out over the singing. If I upgrade the amp to match the speakers what would you recommend? Would a sub-woofer help?
Have a nice day.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

mr.dj wrote:You could take a chance on this.: https://www.bax-shop.co.uk/enhancer-exc ... Al3S8P8HAQ
I have no idea if it's any good but probably ok for Home use.
Had one for my home setup before it got stolen and loved it for recording purposes. Would never use it professionally though.
Chameleon

Post by Chameleon »

Hi Mr DJ. Just want to say thanks for your input. All valuable for the novice like me.
Have a nice day.
Chameleon

Post by Chameleon »

Hi Dan, most grateful for your input, thank you.
Have a good day.