All in one system vs component

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
Paradigm Karaoke

Re: All in one system vs component

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

that will definately do fine. the only other things i might suggest would be for mics, 2 decent mics and cables (not super pro, but not garbage) will run about $200, these mics are a great product for the money and better than any wired mics in this low/mid price point.
http://www.amazon.com/GTD-Audio-G-522H- ... d+wireless i use their big brother in my pro rigs.

and POSSIBLY, if you want to use this for home get togethers or just a fuller sound, add a b1200D and only one b212 (you arent going stereo anyway) and it adds a fullness (it does NOT need to be chest thumping....unless you want it to be :mrgreen: ) and will let the top speakers sound even better. again, it's just an option.

enzyme80

Post by enzyme80 »

I will check out Karafun. I don't know if it will be used enough to pay for the streaming service at least at this point.

Is there a reason to not go stereo? I will keep that wireless mic link but for now, I am already over budget. I got her once good mic (Shure SM58 w/ on off) and one crap one but it will work for the 2nd person in a duet.

I want to thank everyone for their help. I know at least my ears will be happy we didn't go with an all in one and not buying a player i think will give me much more flexibility. There are still thinks I can and will buy for this setup but that will wait for other fun days.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
MixteryMike

Post by MixteryMike »

Karafun has a 2 day party pass option for the streaming service, so you can pay as you need to use it. I pay for the monthly option because my girlfriend is an avid karaoke singer, and likes to practice songs at home before going out to the bars. Also, we host a game night/karaoke singing party in our home once a month for our close friends that also like to sing karaoke, but do not necessarily want to head out to the bars only to be able to sing a couple of songs because of long rotations. Paying $10 a month seemed to me to be a more cost effective solution than spending several $100 dollars upfront trying to acquire CDGs to build up a library. Eventually, I will wean off the streaming service by (legally) downloading the individual tracks we want, rather than buying discs for just one or two songs.
enzyme80

Post by enzyme80 »

I am going to check it out. Her family already has a large selection of CD+Gs from an older karaoke (all-in-one) system they had.