Korean Karaoke

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
mahworld

Korean Karaoke

Post by mahworld »

Purchased this:

TJ Taijin Media Ziller C60-2 Ⅱ Commercial Korean Karaoke Singing Machine System 500GB HDD - Korean Edition, for NTSC TV

There is no microphone input that I can see. I have corded microphones as well as this:

Axess MPWL1508-BK Professional Platinum Series Wireless Microphone System with Dual UHF 100 Channels

The karaoke machine has voice effects as well as many other options (Scoring, a Perfect Singer Mode, etc.) which incorporate the machine interpreting microphone inputs. I cannot connect any microphone to the unit. Unfortunately, everything is in Korean, and I do not know the language well. I have asked my native-Korean parents to help translate things to no avail.

I have created a workaround by using an inexpensive mixer. There are no voice effects (echo, reverb) on this mixer, and I do not know anything about mixers. This is the first mixer I have ever used. I have a functional system at the moment, but I want to add voice effects from the microphone to come through the speakers.

I currently use old Bose Roommate II speakers (25 years old) which are powered speakers (one is powered). The mixer I have is a Behringer Henyx 802 Mixer.

I am open to upgrading both speakers and mixer if I cannot figure out how to use the machine to incorporate the microphone.

MORE DETAIL ABOUT THE MACHINE:

Commercial Karaoke machine. Professional sound effectors provided.
By sound searching functions provided. WiFi (Wireless LAN) available. LCD Display. Foreign songs of 11 countries.
Enhanced sound effect for microphones (microphones not included in this item). Upgraded sound recognition. Record your own music in MP3 files.
1 Song Book (for Korean, English and Japanese song) is included in the package. Another foreign language song book is for separate purchase. TJ Taijin Media Ziller C60-2 is compatible only with NTSC format TV.
[IMPORTANT] Language system of TJ Taijin Media Ziller C60-2 karaoke machine is Korean. Korean User's manual (not included in the package) is free to download from TJ media(Taijin)'s website. This karaoke item needs separate Amplifier and speakers. Please note that amplifier, speaker and microphone are not included in this package.

Please let me know if you can help in any way. Thanks!!

Paradigm Karaoke

Re: Korean Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

that unit does not have mic capability, you can not use the "effector" on the mic with that.
mahworld

Post by mahworld »

I did find some inputs after emailing the seller. There are two pairs of Red and White RCA inputs and one Black input. I am not certain what they do, but they are the microphone inputs.

I will mess around with different connections over the holiday and hopefully find a resolution.
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

red and white are standard rca inputs, not sure about the black one. that's new to me.
never seen a mic plugged into rca inputs before.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

There are images of this machine being sold with microphones included. They appear to have standard XLR to 1/4" TS cables although none of the images I can find of the machine show 1/4" TS inputs. I've never heard of RCA microphone inputs. Do you have the user manual, even if it's in Korean?
mahworld

Post by mahworld »

I have a 29-page pdf user manual in Korean. Can I upload it to a post?
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

No, you can't upload it to a post. You would need to upload it to a site like https://www.dropbox.com and then post the link to the file here.
mahworld

Post by mahworld »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x5pc79bkajs3c ... l.pdf?dl=0

No clue if this will work. I will post some translations. Thanks.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

The back of the machine illustrated on page 8 of the manual you will see the connections are numbered. Number 15 are the red and white RCA connections you were referring to. These are the left/right front/rear audio outputs that connect to the amplifier. Number 14 is the black RCA which is labeled "Voice Amplifier Microphone Input". The description in the manual translates to...

"By adjusting the size of the microphone amplifier audio input jack microphone input level that can be recorded. Please use only when a microphone connected to a power mixer amplifier."

Okay, that didn't make any sense to me either :). But I think we can conclude that the black RCA is not the microphone input for the player. Actually, there are no microphone inputs that I can find on the images of the player or in the instruction manual. There aren't even any audio inputs that would allow you to connect a mixer. Yet, the machine clearly has controls for microphone effects. I can make no sense of it unless this machine is just one part of an interconnecting component system.
mahworld

Post by mahworld »

wiseguy wrote:The back of the machine illustrated on page 8 of the manual you will see the connections are numbered. Number 15 are the red and white RCA connections you were referring to. These are the left/right front/rear audio outputs that connect to the amplifier. Number 14 is the black RCA which is labeled "Voice Amplifier Microphone Input". The description in the manual translates to...

"By adjusting the size of the microphone amplifier audio input jack microphone input level that can be recorded. Please use only when a microphone connected to a power mixer amplifier."

Okay, that didn't make any sense to me either :). But I think we can conclude that the black RCA is not the microphone input for the player. Actually, there are no microphone inputs that I can find on the images of the player or in the instruction manual. There aren't even any audio inputs that would allow you to connect a mixer. Yet, the machine clearly has controls for microphone effects. I can make no sense of it unless this machine is just one part of an interconnecting component system.
I really appreciate you looking over the manual to try to help me out. That is going above and beyond.