BMB speaker and AMP

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
horshoes

BMB speaker and AMP

Post by horshoes »

Hi All

I am new and so glad found this forum while setting up my home karaoke system. I know little about speakers and setting up karaoke, so I reply online information. I browsed and searched the topics, found lots of helpful information on the forum. Thanks!

But coming down to my case specifically, there are not much info/review about the BMB speakers and amp that I would like to buy. I am hoping someone could help me. :)

I am looking at the BMB combo, speaker + amp, suggested by Amazon. (I've seen quite a few karaoke bars using these Japanese brand BMB speakers in my old city long time ago , and seems like a good choice for vocal, but have not done any testings recently)

BMB CSV-450 (SE) 500W 10-Inch 3-Way Karaoke Speakers, Set of 2
http://www.amazon.com/BMB-CSV-450-SE-10 ... mb+csv+450

BMB BMB DAS-300 (SE) 600W 4-Channel Karaoke Mixing Amplifier
http://www.amazon.com/BMB-DAS-300-4-Cha ... DDW6TTPCC5

Questions:
The room is in basement, over 400 sqft. I already have the karaoke player, and thinking just to hook up with the speakers and the amp, then it should work fine. Am I right? Also, any one familiar with the BMB products? Are these right/good products for the price?

Thank you so much!

wiseguy
Site Admin

Re: BMB speaker and AMP

Post by wiseguy »

Welcome to the forum!

Some people mistakenly equate Japanese electronics with Chinese electronics. The fact is that Japan produces some of the highest quality products available. The BMB line is a good example. There is a local bar I frequent that uses the BMB DAS-300 powered mixer with a pair of BMB CSN-500 speakers. I believe the owner bought this package deal from Ace Karaoke. It is a smaller bar and this system does a great job and the sound is impressive. You will be able to easily connect any player to the BMB powered mixer.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
horshoes

Post by horshoes »

Thank you, wiseguy for the great input! Really appreciated. I just don't have the opportunity to do a testing. Not sure why, my local audio stores they don't carry BMB at all. Glad to hear some good feedbacks before buying :) Thanks again!
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Typically only specialty karaoke outlet stores will display brands like Acesonic, BMB, RSQ, VocoPro, etc.. I have to drive over two hours to get to the closest one. I go to some DJ and karaoke expos when I can. That's where these companies show off their latest gear. In my opinion BMB has always been a step up in quality over the other "karaoke dedicated" brands.