hook up

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
kickers2

hook up

Post by kickers2 »

My name is Debbie and I have been here for help long time ago and am going to hook up my Karaoke again but have forget how to hook it up..........

I need to hook up system that if outdated im sure,,It is a Memorex (mks2112) player I need to hook up to older tv and an equalizer..can anyone help me please??

wiseguy
Site Admin

Re: hook up

Post by wiseguy »

That machine has only RCA composite audio and video outputs. By "equalizer" do you mean a mixer? If so, that connection should be as simple as a stereo RCA audio cable. The video is going to depend on what video input options the TV offers. If it has composite video (single yellow RCA) input then all you will need in a single RCA cable. If the TV has only a coaxial cable input you are going to need an RF converter.
kickers2

Post by kickers2 »

Its is all rca hook ups and yes a mixer,,the tv has a coax cable and a video audio in the front which is where I think I use to hook it up at but im not sure as to where to put all this cords,,when I tried to hook it up I didn't get anything to play except sound? :roll:
kickers2

Post by kickers2 »

I also have another little box of somekind I think that was hooked to it somehow...
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

There's only two connections. The stereo RCA cable (red and black ends) plug into the audio outputs of the machine and the audio inputs of the mixer (may say something like CD/Tape). The other connection is the single RCA cable that goes from the video out (yellow) RCA of the karaoke machine to the video in on the front of the tv. You are going to need to find the setting on the TV that switches to the auxiliary video input as the source.

When you ask questions like this you need to provide all the information you can like the make and model of the mixer and tv. And not say something like "another little box of somekind". That box will have writing on it that will identify what it is. You're leaving us to guess what you're working with.
kickers2

Post by kickers2 »

Sorry about the vocabulary,,anyway it would not work like that ,,had no video but I remember before when I had it hooked up it was hooked up to an rf modular,,the little box,,,????
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

It's not the vocabulary... it's the lack of pertinent information. You still have not supplied me with the make and model of the mixer, tv, and "little box". Until you can do that I will make no further attempt to help you.