Seeking advice on echo / key control processor

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
rustcat

Seeking advice on echo / key control processor

Post by rustcat »

I've read about several products like the Boston Audio BA-5808, Nikkodo DEP 2000K, HKD-3028, etc (most of which seem to originate in Japan) and would like to know which produces the best quality? I'd like to be able to change the key from my DVD player without any "grainy" noise or latency. Do any of these fit the bill or are there others which are highly recommended? Some of them are cheap on ebay and I'm wondering if they are worth it. I guess I would mostly be using the "Tape-in" to go from DVD player to this unit and then "Line-Out" to go to the amplifier?

Thanks,

joe

wiseguy
Site Admin

Re: Seeking advice on echo / key control processor

Post by wiseguy »

I've never found any discernable difference between key controllers whether electronic or software. They all work basically the same. Adio effects are another story and quality varies. What type of DVD player are you using and how are you incorporating the microphones into your system? At this point, it appears that what you need is a karaoke disc player with a key change feature and a good audio mixer with onboard effects. BTW, that "Tape In" idea is not going to work no matter what you use as it is solely for adding another audio input device like a tape player, CD player, etc.. It is not the same as an "effects send" of a mixer.