Connecting my Yamaha mixer to my Denon Amplifier

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
keashdoc

Connecting my Yamaha mixer to my Denon Amplifier

Post by keashdoc »

Hi,

I have a Yamaha MG06X 6-Input Compact Stereo Mixer and a Denon XR 6200 W Reciever/Amplifier. I am trying to figure out how to connect these together. I have a set of wireless headphones which can connect to the inputs 1 and 2 on the Yamaha mixer. My wife wants to be able to pullup a Youtube Karaoke video and have the audio from the youtube video and microhones mixed together for the Karaoke system.

Where do I connect the input from the audio from the Youtube stream to mix with the microphones? Yamaha does have inputs 3 and 4 but they are not RCA and look more like microphone plugs. I have a converter than can covert HDMI audio to RCA but how do I connect that into the Yamaha? Any inputs or other ways to accomplishing this would be appreciated.

Keashdoc

wiseguy
Site Admin

Re: Connecting my Yamaha mixer to my Denon Amplifier

Post by wiseguy »

First off, you will not plug headphones into any of the inputs. There is an output named PHONES for that. You need to run both the audio source and the microphones through the mixer. The audio output choices for connecting the mixer to the receiver are L and R XLR (three prongs) or the L and R 1/4" jacks. You will need a cable to convert from one of those types to RCA. A cable like this Hosa CPR-202 should work well. You can use another cable like this to connect the audio from the source to the mixer. You should use the first two input channels of the mixer for microphones and input the audio from the source to the channel marked 3/4 LINE.