Peavey PV 10 AT Mixer with Auto-Tune

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
mr.dj

Peavey PV 10 AT Mixer with Auto-Tune

Post by mr.dj »

Anyone have any experience with the Peavey PV 10 or 14 AT Mixer with Auto-Tune ?

Seems to have some good features like the auto tune, record, mp3 direct playback & Bluetooth.

DanG2006

Re: Peavey PV 10 AT Mixer with Auto-Tune

Post by DanG2006 »

Personally, I would rather have a digital mixer like the Soundcraft Ui24X digital mixer, which I plan on getting next month. It's going to allow me to run my shows completely from the audience with the exception of having to go back to my laptop for buying on the fly downloads for songs that I don't have yet. I looked at it when I temporarily moved to West Virginia but I lacked the money to pay for it. I can live without auto tune, because I run my shows the way that matches the type of shows that I would want to attend and I want to know that aside from the delay and reverb effects that it's my real voice coming out of the system rather than a voice changed vocal that sounds nothing like me. Think about it, if a professional recording artist used auto tune during their live performances, I personally would lose all respect for their vocal ability, one of the reasons why I don't care for Britney Spears is because in my opinion she uses auto tune in order to make her sound better than she really is. Until she does something in her natural voice, I consider her a wannabe Madonna hack that has no business being in the business that she is in. She should quit performing and go back to a real job because she has no talent period.
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

I would always be a bit wary of using a mixer like the Soundcraft Ui24X as to my understanding it is totally reliant on a wireless connection to operate it. I think if I wanted something that could be operated remotely by a tablet or phone I would choose something like the QSC Touchmix 8 or 16 as that is an actual mixer that can be operated direct from its self like a normal mixer should you encounter problems with the wireless connection. Or even better to my mind the Studiomaster DigiLive Digital Mixer with 4" sliders. It all sounds very nice this remote operation but should you get a sudden feedback problem (Yes I know you should not get feedback with the correct setup) but it happens. It much quicker grabbing a slider or a knob to turn it down than looking through a menu. No wireless connection is 100% reliable in my experience.

Anyway regarding my enquiry, I cater for all ages of singers and I think some of the younger singers would appreciate the ability to sing in the style of some of those artists that do use these effects. It would be there as a choice for me to offer the singer, not used for everyone that sang. To me if I can make a Singer sound better then he will enjoy the evening more and probably so will the audience.
I do have a voice live play effects unit but that requires additional setting up and is often more trouble than its worth.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I have the choice to use WiFi or an Ethernet connection. I am going to connect with the Ethernet between the computer and mixer. The Tablet and the computer will be the only ones that will be using WiFi and my laptop, which I plan on using for buying on the fly the songs that I don't have in my library yet, providing that they are available for download considering how difficult it is to find legal downloads in the US.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I have only been in one situation where I wasn't able to place my speakers where I wanted them and yes it was partly my fault for not having the right length of speaker cable. I also was having volume issues that had I checked and setting on my laptop, which I now do before I even start the show, I would have been fine. But for the most part, I am able to setup the system so that basically to get feedback, you literally have to stick the mic directly in front of the speaker.