With the mic decision on hold, now I am looking at racks

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
DanG2006

With the mic decision on hold, now I am looking at racks

Post by DanG2006 »

I found a rack that I would love to have. The SKB 4U Studio Flyer. I would be able to store my laptop out of sight inside the rack and have it hooked up in the rack.
If it had 4 more spaces in the regular equipment area, all I would have to do is hook up my video cable to my laptop, plug in my power Conditioner to an outlet and my speakers into jacks that I will have attached to the back of my rack. Instead I have to get a second rack for my amplifier making me look at getting more jacks to make setup faster. I plan on putting my power conditioner, my sliding shelf for my mixer and my mic receiver in the Studio Flyer with my laptop and the Amplifier in the bottom rack. Haven't decided if I want to add a second amplifier that matched my old speakers for small venues where my main amplifier is too powerful for it., Might even consider using the smaller amplifier and my old speakers for monitors. If I do, I doubt that I am going to turn the old amplifier past a quarter of the full power of the amplifier.

DanG2006

Re: With the mic decision on hold, now I am looking at racks

Post by DanG2006 »

I had to decide on a rack that will only hold my main amplifier. That doesn't mean I can't buy another rack for the lower powered amplifier at a later date.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I hate when I have trouble deciding on something and even moments after I think that I have made up my mind I come up with a better plan. The worst scenario is that I have already got the ball rolling on the plan that I thought that I decided on before thinking about the better plan.
I found a way where I can have both the wired mics and the rack that I really want. It means replacing two of my pieces of equipment, my power conditioner and the mic receiver.
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

The last case that I got, I tailor made myself from 15mm MDF for the sides and 3mm Ply top and bottom. Lay all the equipment out you want to use in the box and measure around it.
I was never happy with the flight cases as they were generally too heavy to lug around.
That one your looking at might be stronger but I believe weighs just under 12 kg with nothing in it. Mines half that weight and I can fit all I want in it.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

The only thing that I know how to build is computers. The last desktop computer that I used, I built from scratch. I now prefer to use laptops because they are easy to set up and a whole lot mobile. Although that was the last computer that I did any building. Not sure if I can remember how I did it.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Well I have decided to go with just the Studio Flyer and mount just my laptop, sliding shelf that holds the mixer and the amplifier. I am still going to need 6 outlets to plug into the rack.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Found an six outlet power strip that will work almost perfectly. Have to purchase another 25' and 8' extension cords for everything to work but I know exactly where I am going to get them. I decided to go with two wireless mic systems and two wired mics. One wired mic I already have. I am going with one Sennheiser e835 wireless mic sustem, one Numark Digital Wireless mic system and a Sennheiser e835 wired mic. I am setting it up so I can choose to use the same mics with the system that I have intend to use for smaller venues.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

DanG2006 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:29 pm Found an six outlet power strip that will work almost perfectly. Have to purchase another 25' and 8' extension cords for everything to work but I know exactly where I am going to get them. I decided to go with two wireless mic systems and two wired mics. One wired mic I already have. I am going with one Sennheiser e835 wireless mic sustem, one Numark Digital Wireless mic system and a Sennheiser e835 wired mic. I am setting it up so I can choose to use the same mics with the system that I have intend to use for smaller venues.
In addition to using it with my main system.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Ok I decided to get another amplifier and the studio flyer rack. Got the rack on Saturday and discovered that the rack was too shallow to fit the sliding shelf. So I decided that if I can't get the mixer in the rack then I need to get a second deeper rack to fit both the sliding shelf and my mic receiver because I figure that it would be easier to keep the number of connections between the two racks at a minimum. Just a power strip for the mixer and the mic receiver, cables between the mixer and the amplifier and the USB cord between the mixer and the laptop. I have decided to keep and use the amplifier that I bought last month and selling the one that I just bought because the first amplifier matches exactly the specs for what I needed to match the amplifier to my speakers.