My system is almost complete

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
DanG2006

My system is almost complete

Post by DanG2006 »

I ended up having to buy a new mixer because the second rack that I bought didn't have the headroom for vertical cables being plugged in. When I initially discovered this, I thought I would go back to the mixer that I use to use the last time I used a vertical rack and had separate mixer and amplifier but before I made the purchase I noticed a deal breaker, why I didn't notice it when I had that mixer is beyond me. It had no mid EQ controls on any of the channels which would normally make it useless for anyone to sing on it and have the right mix. I guess at the time I figured out how to compensate for the lack of those controls because I still managed to have one of the best sounding systems in town. Otherwise why would I be getting a lot of good singers to keep coming back to my shows. So I started looking at Digital mixer's again but really didn't want to allocate a tablet for controlling the mixer. I settled on a Bose T1 ToneMatch mixer. It got me thinking about their line array systems. The thing is I have Lone Ranger to thank for pointing me in this direction because the Bose system solves an issue that I was having setting up my system. To put my speakers on the stands required me to get help doing so and I hate not to be able to get things done by myself. My left shoulder is preventing me from doing that due its possibility of popping out of socket if I move it a certain way. Physical therapy doesn't work because I would go home after treatment and it would pop out on me making what therapy I did that day a wasted of time and insurance coverage. Doctor won't operate because I am not a good candidate being that I had rotator cuff surgery in 1999, which would have been completely successful had I not had to dislocate it to escape an abusive girlfriend. So I can't lift my left arm high enough to put the speakers on their stands. The Bose speaker system that I am going to be getting will allow me to place the bottom extension into the base while connecting the speaker with the second extension before connecting that to the extension already connected to the base. It will also allow me to only have to lug in one rack that contains my laptop, mic receiver or receivers as I am getting new mics and have decided to get two separate receivers instead of a dual mic system. I believe that come January my system will actually consist of brand names instead of trying to get the best low cost equipment that I can get for my money. But then again, I have always been open minded when it comes to finding diamonds in the rough, my present mic system is one of those. I have a major audiophile friend who has produced music for use on National TV who loves to sing on my system due to how good I make it sound.

DanG2006

Re: My system is almost complete

Post by DanG2006 »

I can almost change the headline to my system is complete but that wouldn't be true. I completely changed my audio system from the mixer right down to the amplifier and speaker. I am no longer using a conventional sound system but have gone to a Line Array Speaker System. I also got a mixer that is going to make it so I can spend more time in the audience. One of the benefits of the speaker system is that I don't have to lift anything heavy onto a speaker pole and is faster to set up. It also means that I don't have to raise the volume worrying about whether or not the back of the room can hear but those in front can't carry on a conversation without yelling it out just to be heard by the person across the table or sitting right next to them. If I need to, I will eventually get a second unit. I am using the mixer itself to mix the vocals with the music. The mixer is made by Bose and the speaker system is made by JBL. I tested it out as soon as I got it delivered by singing standing about a foot away from the front of the speaker system without generating any feedback from the system. Granted I didn't have it turned all the way up. This is the first system that I have had a subwoofer.
I am going to be getting a cover that includes a caster that will allow me to only have to lift the system to put it into my car and take it out or to carry it up and down stairs if needed.
DanG2006

Re: My system is almost complete

Post by DanG2006 »

Got all that and am now looking at the mic system situation. I considered a four mic setup but I don't know anything about the system that the place I now normally get my equipment from. They have other systems with close to the same specs right up to the number of mics but they are brands that you couldn't pay me enough to use them, majority of them are VHF. I finally have settled on three Sennheiser e935 mics.