Ripped in Power Karaoke will not match In compuhost

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
jvidso

Ripped in Power Karaoke will not match In compuhost

Post by jvidso »

I have been ripping in zip, but my power karaoke rips are not working with compuhost. The sales rep with compuhost said there may be a way to convert the files. The fast tracks cd rip which I already had is slower and does not have instant track detection plus I aready have most of the discs loaded through PK. Any suggestions
Thanks
jvidso

bigjohn1

Post by bigjohn1 »

The big problem with zip format is how mutch compression was use.If set for 5 will work on most programs higher then we get a problem you should look at using mp3tools for correcting them.pus I see there is a another zip program in the mix so that dont help the use of zips.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

The biggest issue is naming I rip just about every disc using CDGRIP but for mediacloq discs I had been forced to use powerkaraoke. The naming on powerkaraoke leaves out the dash between the disc number and the artist name. Luckily for me the softwares I use to catalog the music allows me to change it so it works. I am just about to go back to Compuhost V2 which now has a wizard that comes up during the import session to allow me to easily rename the songs in the database to the correct format.
DanG2006

Re: Ripped in Power Karaoke will not match In compuhost

Post by DanG2006 »

I know that this is an old thread but naming in PowerKaraoke isn't as hard as it's being presented. If you leave the setting for naming as {song} and enter in the exact naming convention using the edit song feature, it will output the file named in the track listing. Because I end up renaming songs being added to folders that are already in existence, I just go with Artist - Title format which if left alone is readable in most Karaoke Softwares. Granted I don't zip my files anymore because I use the tags in the MP3'S to import into my player's database. I then use my program to generate a .xml file for my songlist program and a .csv file for SongbookDB, which I use as an online Songlist for those who have smartphones or tablets. I used to take requests using the phone app and kiosk capability of SongbookDB but have stopped doing it that way in favor of a more personable approach. I use remote desktop to allow me to enter the requests while I am talking with my singers. Basically, the only time I am at the equipment is to adjust the mix between the vocals and the music if needed.