VCD

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
Zhorell

VCD

Post by Zhorell »

Hello everyone!

question about this VCD format, I have a couple of them (they sound terrible lol) and I'd like to copy just the audio into mp3 so I can edit it to sound better via wave editing software, is there a program that let's ripped just the audio out of vcd dat files?
Thanks!

mnementh

Post by mnementh »

HI Zhorell.
If you get really desparate, just hook up your VCD audio out into a PC sound card "line in" connection and use built in recorder to convert to a VAV file.

You should be able to play with this file directly, or convert it to MP3 if you really need to.

Sandy
Zhorell

Post by Zhorell »

That's my last resort lol.. I thought there's another way around it, thanks for your help!
Zhorell

Post by Zhorell »

Having problems with windows vista home media player on playin' vcd?
is this common? thanks!
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Can you make it run like it's windows xp?
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

To play any type of media you must have the proper codecs installed. I don't use Vista but you may need to find the codec(s) needed to play the VCD's.
Zhorell

Post by Zhorell »

wiseguy wrote:To play any type of media you must have the proper codecs installed. I don't use Vista but you may need to find the codec(s) needed to play the VCD's.
Which codec(s) are those? If I update my media player will it help? Vista 32 bit sucks!!!
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Your best bet would be to install the K-Lite Codec Pack that will allow you to play about every media format around.
Zhorell

Post by Zhorell »

wiseguy wrote:Your best bet would be to install the K-Lite Codec Pack that will allow you to play about every media format around.
Thanks!
djBe

Post by djBe »

VCDs....I have bought almost every VCD I could find, the quality is indeed very spotty but some ofthem are extremely good as well. I always use the infamous pouting-little-boy VCD Bohemian Rhapsody track when I have a large group doing that song, they love the cheesy graphics! Another good one is the Down On The Corner VCD track with all the people dancing in the streets and the old black blues guy in it. Priceless! I have two extremley rare Playboy VCDs (Come Together is particularly artsy), they show only top half nudity and are good only for certain bars and late at night, but always fun with the right crowd. I have an excellent set of 6 original music DVDs which have original footage of stuff like Paranoid, Born To Be Wild, Sylvias Mother - and super crowdpleaser BOOT ARE MADE FOR WALKING, you can just see how Nancy Sinatra was sticking it to her dad with that short, short SHORT miniskirt! Most VCDs seem to have been shot in Australia in the early 90s and are quite hilarious but the big hair, high waisted bikinis, etc., always good for laughs at the right time with the right crowd....variety is the spice of life! };=D
Visit my page on FB....Karaoke Karolina. Check out my store/studio/art gallery AXXTACY GUITARS & GEAR M-F 2PM-7PM, 5285 Main, Shallotte, NC. 910-795-9083
mr.dj

Re: VCD

Post by mr.dj »

Zhorell wrote:Hello everyone!

question about this VCD format, I have a couple of them (they sound terrible lol) and I'd like to copy just the audio into mp3 so I can edit it to sound better via wave editing software, is there a program that let's ripped just the audio out of vcd dat files?
Thanks!
You can record the audio part of video dat files using Audacity which is a free download from here: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
if you copy the dat file from the disc to a folder on your hard Drive you can play the dat file in windows media player (This may need a codec pack) but it plays ok on mine, to select it, in the file types widow select "AllFiles"
You then set audacity Edit/Preferences/Audio I/O recording device to "Sterio mix. then press the record button while the video is playing in windows media player. Then either adjust it there or to save it choose "Export as MP3"
If you want to then overlay the edited sound track over the original then I did this using Serif Movieplus X5 but there is a free version that I think will allow you to do this http://www.serif.com/free-video-editing ... fAodswwbrw
You may have to save the finished file in a different format such as avi or Mp4 but it does also allow saving as vcd.
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

Found this free online convertion site free to use.
http://www.online-convert.com/
When the page opens, in the Audio Converter drop down select "MP3" then press the go button.
Scroll down the page to where is reads "Upload your audio you want to convert to mp3" and brows to the dat file on your computer, dosn't matter that it's a video. set the audio bit rate and any of the other settings then select convert file, this depends on the speed of your broadband but it uploads your file, converts it then gives you the option of where to save it, thats it the dat video file is converted to mp3 audio.
djBe

Post by djBe »

VCDs = High Waisted Bikinis! Love 'em during end of night buzzfests! };=D
Visit my page on FB....Karaoke Karolina. Check out my store/studio/art gallery AXXTACY GUITARS & GEAR M-F 2PM-7PM, 5285 Main, Shallotte, NC. 910-795-9083