Attaining music- big challenge

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
Leikindawg

Attaining music- big challenge

Post by Leikindawg »

Hey guys,
Just wanted to say you guys are an unbelievable help, thanks so much for helping me get started with karaoke.

While there are many facets to building a great karaoke system ( getting right hardware, software, best way to display, converting electrical signals...) The biggest challenege seems to be where to start as far as getting a good song stash.

As a beginner. I have explored all avenues ( purchasing tracks from names like chartbuster, sunfly, sweet georgia., getting the karaoke cloud, getting an illegal loaded harddrive and risking it..)

I dont think I can spend 10 + thousand dollars buying song packs from chartbuster. And I dont know about the cloud becaus eof internet reliability. And I dont know about risking it with illegal loaded harddrives

Does anyone have suggestions for the cheapest way to build a song stash?
I have been thinking about getting the cloud, and not really using it, but having it in case I get audited.

What do you guys think of that plan?

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

There is another way. finance the GEM series which is 6000 unduplicated songs at less than $5000, you don't need all that money up front. They have good terms. This is what I did initially before getting the KJ Media Pro. You definitely don't want to risk a loaded hard drive unless it is from the Karaoke Cloud.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Simply put, if you're going computer, you're going to spend $1,000's to get as many legal tracks as you can.

For a home system, it's not so bad, as you just need to buy tracks you're going to sing but for a KJ show system, you'll need to buy shedloads of tracks on spec.

You have to ask yourself a simple question;

"Am I going to recoup my outlay and make a profit, later"?

AFAIC, the "cloud" is a waste of space (no pun intended).

To get a lot of tracks cheaply, I believe you have only two options;

1)buy an illegal loaded drive
2)buy lots of discs on Ebay and rip them yourself.

Realistically, I'd suggest you need about 5,000 tracks to run a show, so no easy option, I'm afraid.

Sandy.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

First of all... forget about the illegal hard drive deal. WHEN you get busted you are in for some serious trouble. Besides, do you really want to be a thief.

If you're serious about getting into the karaoke business then you have to accept the expenses involved. If you can't afford it... don't do it. We have enough people running around with rinky dink sound systems and illegal loaded hard drives undercutting legitimate KJs who have a lot of money invested in their business.

Sorry to be so blunt but that is the reality. I have written a short article "Build a Karaoke Music Library" that offers a few suggestions.