Justkaraoke problem

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
brandoncovington6292

Justkaraoke problem

Post by brandoncovington6292 »

I have justkaraoke 1.0 and my database has turned red.
I have tried clearing my data base and reloading them with no luck!

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

You're going to have to give a few more details. Did this happen for no apparent reason? Have you recently changed the location of the song files? Have you made any changes to the song file names? Are they zip files or file pairs?
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
brandoncovington6292

Zipped I haven't done anything to the files I did plug in a different hard drive that had nothing to do with karaoke or the hard drive the karaoke is on
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

try unplugging the other drive and just plug in the drive with the karaoke. It sounds like the computer is assigning the other drive with the drive letter your database is looking for.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Hi there.
I had this same issue with a K.J. I support and the cure is pretty easy.

As DanG2006 says, your PC sets up drive letters according to what type of peripheral is plugged in and in what order you plug them in.

So for example, you usually plug in your karaoke drive and it's assigned "E" as a letter. This time you plug in a USB wireless dongle first, THEN your karaoke drive, the dongle gets the "E" letter and your karaoke drive would get "F". Immediate database error.

You don't say what operating system you're using but I assume they're all pretty much the same.

In XP, it's under Administrator tools in the Control Panel.

You find your karaoke drive and assign a drive letter to it (I used "K", obviously) and you can also assign a name to the drive (again, I took the obvious name KARAOKE).

When you have done this successfully, every time you plug this drive into your PC, it will ALWAYS be forced to the drive letter you specified, e.g. "K".

This is a common problem with "Plug 'n Play".

All the best,
Sandy
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I considered the drive letter assignment scenario but he said that he cleared the database and reloaded it. This should have pointed the program to the correct drive and assigned drive letter.
brandoncovington6292

I will try the letter naming but i did unplug the other hard drive thanks for the help
It has to be something Easley fixed
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

wiseguy wrote:I considered the drive letter assignment scenario but he said that he cleared the database and reloaded it. This should have pointed the program to the correct drive and assigned drive letter.
Hi Wiseguy,
you are, of course, correct.

My explanation was simply to let the OP and anyone else who reads the thread know that it's possible to "lock" an external drive to a specific identity.

Sandy.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

mnementh wrote:
Hi Wiseguy,
you are, of course, correct.

My explanation was simply to let the OP and anyone else who reads the thread know that it's possible to "lock" an external drive to a specific identity.

Sandy.
That is good information that I'm sure many are unaware of. It could and should prevent this type of problem in the future.

The facts are that when JustKaraoke displays a song listing in its library in red text it means that the song file no longer resides at the location (drive letter, directory, or both) where it was when the library was created or the file name has been altered.

If clearing the song library, rebooting the computer, and recreating the library, does not work then I have no idea what the problem is.