Downloading Sound Choice GEM Series

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
Midnight Karaoke

Downloading Sound Choice GEM Series

Post by Midnight Karaoke »

Is anyone else having problems downloading the 6,000 song, Sound Choice GEM Series onto Compuhost???

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

After renaming every file, I have had zero problems with the GEM series. The best renamer for this is KJR by Music Book Deluxe.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

DanG2006 wrote:After renaming every file, I have had zero problems with the GEM series. The best renamer for this is KJR by Music Book Deluxe.
I couldn't find any reference to KJR on the Music Book Deluxe site.

I suspect you actually meant their KFR utility that isn't, according to the Music Book Deluxe website, a file renamer but a directory/folder "reader" that generates a file that can be imported into other applications.

There is a huge number of actual file renamers available as freeware.

Sandy.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

try looking in where it says cavs. at the bottom is the download.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

DanG2006 wrote:try looking in where it says cavs. at the bottom is the download.
Still doesn't say KJR!!! :shock:

Says K F R

PLUS, it can't be used unless you also have the Music Book Deluxe program installed.

Sandy
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Has anyone confirmed that this is a file naming problem? I'm about to start deleting vague questions. If you can't be bothered to give details, or at least respond promptly to someone trying to help you, don't bother asking.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

wiseguy wrote:Has anyone confirmed that this is a file naming problem? I'm about to start deleting vague questions. If you can't be bothered to give details, or at least respond promptly to someone trying to help you, don't bother asking.
Good point Wiseguy!

I hadn't noticed the OP was a couple of weeks back.

I suspect the OP has posted on more than one KJ site and has received an answer elsewhere.

Must say it is a tad irritating when questions are asked and answered (as best we can), then apparently disregarded.

Sandy.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

The name problem exists. They used underscores and some names are incomplete. They would have the artist name and then the title would just be the first letter of the title.
Midnight Karaoke

Post by Midnight Karaoke »

DanG2006 wrote:After renaming every file, I have had zero problems with the GEM series. The best renamer for this is KJR by Music Book Deluxe.
Thanks Dan,

That is exactly what we had to do and it worked.